Ruchei, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

Can you please comment on Housing Trend in UTC area?

Asked by Ruchei, San Diego, CA Mon Jun 16, 2008

I am following several communities in UTC and do not see prices go down much. Renaissance area, for example.

Answers

7
Hi Ruchei,

Like all areas in San Diego, UTC has come dowm in price. With that said, if you compare the market here with other areas in San Diego it is really holding strong. I think this is because of UCSD. Areas that are next to universities retain their value more because of the strong rental market to students. I am very familiar with all of the listings here. Drop me a line or check out my website if yoyu have any questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 23, 2008
The market is very good in this area. Especially Condo's! More information needed email
lisastraza@prusd.com and info will be sent to you.
Prices in the UTC area have definitely gone down in the past 2 years. The chart referenced below shows the average price of condos and townhomes for sale versus those that have actually sold in 92122. The average price of homes that have sold are down 9.6% from 1 year ago and down 37.1% from 2 years ago.

If you are waiting for a good time to buy in 92122, this is it! Interest rates are at historic lows and prices are lower than they have been in many years. I'd be happy to provide you with a list of properties for sale in the UTC area. All the besst,

Beth Roach
Willis Allen Real Estate
DRE# 015156268
(619) 300-0389
http://www.BethRoach.com
Dear Ruchei,
I have lived in UTC for 27 (gasp!) years and can easily answer your question. The nicer condos like at Renaissance have not gone down as much as you'd expect, although there is a new trickling of foreclosures over there, especially on the previous $1 million+ properties.

Closer to Genesee Avenue, you will find an abundance of 1/1 and 2/2 condos that were part of massive apartment conversions a few years ago. Many of these converted units are now in foreclosure. I would avoid the Valencia complex for reasons I won't get into now but TRUST ME ~ find somewhere else to live.

Along Nobel Avenue there are a ton of condos for sale.

Along Decoro and Cargill, particularly Playmor and Genesee Highlands, your best bet is Genesee Highlands. Playmor has nothing for sale right this moment.

I personally prefer the older area of Cargill, Decoro and Arriba. The traffic is far less and the atmosphere is far more civilized than along busy Regents, Nobel or Genesee.

Since you wrote this post I think the market has gone down in UTC. If you still need help finding a property, I am your agent! There are some sweet deals out there if you have the right negotiator on your side! Let me know how I can help.
I am an agent and live in UTC, there is a short sale next door to me. Right now there are a couple offers. The address is 5760 ferber St San Diego , CA 92122. They are asking 320,000 . It is not necessary to put that amount as an offer . It is a great deal for this zip code and the largest and lowest in the zipcode. My number is 619-894-9339 if you have further questions. I have been living in this area and watching the zip code very closely. I know of another short sale coming soon that is not yet available in Lucera too.
Hello Ruchei,

There are many markets in SD still doing okay, especially the centrally located, higher end, beach communities. Plus the fact there is not a lot for sale in that market keeps the prices up.

If you don't have an agent that you are currently working with, I would like to speak with you about how I can find you a home in the area you are looking in that is not currently listed for sale in the MLS...give me a call at 858-565-7777.

In the meantime you can check out our local market stats for all of the local SD market by zip code and property type... http://www.sandicor.com/statistics/stats2008/04statistics.html

Good Luck, Denise Gleavey
Coldwell Banker
858-565-7777
Web Reference: http://www.IHandleRE4U.com
Hi there Ruchie, They are reamining steady. If you would like a detailed report showing recent accurate data just drop me an e mail and I will forward it to you.

Kind Regards
Micgael Barron
First Team Real Estate
michael-barron@sbcglobal.net

mic