Samuelsruthe…, Home Buyer in

Can you help me with the difference in resale values of a home?

Asked by Samuelsrutherford, Tue May 22, 2012

I am considering buying a side x side sgl fam home, but not sure if the resale value is there as compared to a regular sgl fam home. What are the varaible that play in here? Size, Location, Association fees, other homes in the area, school district, etc. THANK YOU!!!

Answers

3
Stacey Mickle, Agent, Anoka, MN
Fri Sep 14, 2012
When you say your considering buying a side x side sgl family home, what do you mean? Do you mean a trailer or a slab home? It makes a difference. And if your buying a home you'll need a realtor, if you already have 1 they should be able to answer your questions, if not, you need to get one. When buying a home you can't do it on your own. Let me know the answers to the questions above so i can see if i can answer your questions and help you. :)

Stacey
Patti Ann Ka…, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Thu Jun 14, 2012
One of the issues you will want to consider is financing. FHA has changed their rules on financing townhomes. Some townhomes are NO LONGER AVAILABLE for FHA financing and that will certainly hurt your resale value. Association fees can also impact the resale, especially if they are over about $160.00 per month.

In general, if you are looking at a townhome in Blaine, the resale will always be less than a single family home of similar size, style, and location.

Location, other homes in the area, and school district will cause the resale value to be different, but it should not impact the townhome much more than it would a single family home in the same area.

Size will impact resale, but if you are comparing similar sized properties, it generally will not have as big of an impact as financing and association fees.
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Wed May 23, 2012
Hey I just answered your other question posted on Trulia so check it out! I have worked with many buyers in Blaine with Town-Homes (all along 65 and especially Club West), Single Family Homes, as well as investment properties. I would love to help you in this transaction.

What I need you to do is contact me directly through Trulia. From there I would love to hear a little more about your specific goals/needs.

Re-sale value is a major piece to the puzzle and I can see is important to you. I will easily be able to answer that question (hopefully I answered most of it on the other question you posted), but I also want to make sure whatever you buy fits perfectly with your needs.

Hope to speak with you soon!

~Christopher Block