Can you give me a ball park value range for a mobile home I am considering purchasing?

Asked by DH, 14086 Tue Mar 30, 2010

1998 single wide mobile home by Colony. 72x16. 2BR 2Bath (1w/garden tub & shower, the other w/tub & shower combo). shingle roof, siding (not sure if vinyl or alum.). House is in a local park...front facing. Carport is on 2nd BR side. There is a huge covered porch approx 8x20 in the front. Carpeting in bedrooms & living room. Sale includes stove & fridge (12yrs) and washer/dryer (3yrs). 10x12 shed finished to match.

Answers

2
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Mar 30, 2010
It depends on the condition. (Soft spots on the floors, especially in the bath and around the washer/dryer? If it has skirting, is it in good condition?) It also depends on what the park's like--how desirable it is to live there. And it also depends a lot on whether you pay all cash, or whether you need financing, whether from the seller or from someone else.

Where I am (Northern Virginia), a 2/2 mobile home, single-wide, 1998, probably would sell for $18,000-$25,000 in good condition. Probably at the lower end of that price range, or perhaps even a bit under that, for an all-cash purchase. If the owner's really eager to sell and you've got all cash, you might be able to get it for $10,000-$12,000.

If the park has other similar homes--or if there are some nearby parks with 2/2s about the same age--you can use those as comparables.

Dean Purpura, Agent, Yorkshire, NY
Tue Mar 12, 2013
The price, location and condition are major factors to consider. If the location is in a premier manufactured home community that will not be a problem. Clearview and Solstice communities ensure the highest standards, stricktest principals, quality homes and integrity. The price can be analyzed by comparables that may not be available on MLS or to Realtors since they are in private communities. There is also a NADA guide that can be a good start. There is little depreciation in good markets and great communities like Sky Harbor, Calla Pointe, or Parkside Village.The condition is then your only variable. We can use mobile home inspectors that can ease you mind on that. If you need any further help I would love to help you. Thank you, Dean Purpura 818.9847