Can you get a home loan without W2 forms?

Asked by Lady lov, 19149 Sun Jun 3, 2012

I am currently a hairstylist and my first two years in the profession I was not paid through pay checks. I started receiving paychecks in 12/2011. Is there anyway I am able to get a home loan with proof of my pay stubs and no W2? Would I need a cosigner?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Anthony Picc…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Cherry Hill, NJ
Wed Nov 13, 2013

The answer to your question is possibly but it will all depend on what your current paystubs look like, your debt to income ratio and ultimately your tax returns for the last two years. I would be happy to help if you would like to call me.
0 votes
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sun Nov 10, 2013
If you began receiving paychecks in 12/2011, you would have W2s for 2012. That's how you would have fils your taxes in 04/2013. There may be a way to qualify you based on pay if you claim your tips and can show regular deposits into your bank account. This would have to be for a period of 2 years.

Unfortunately, people paid by commission and tips (Realtors too), must work harder to have the proper documentation.

Let me know if I can help!
0 votes
Julz Fabros, Home Buyer, Washington, PA
Sun Nov 10, 2013
For Fillable W2 Forms or ANY KINDS of PDF Forms, you can find it at or you may follow this link -

You can edit your PDF form, fill the text fields, add a variety of checkmarks, digitally eSign the PDF form and even add pictures. After your PDF form is completed, it can be printed, emailed, faxed or saved on your computer. You can even send fillable PDF forms to your customers, employees, vendors and partners. Convert Microsoft Office files into PDF file by using Try it!
0 votes
Doug Gungor, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Hi Meghan, it depends.

You can call Kelly Donovan, she is my Loan Officer with PHH Mortgage under Coldwell Banker Preferred.

She can be reached at 215 983 9444,

Good Luck
0 votes
al rappa, Agent, phila, PA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Hi Meghan,
It's been my experience that the lenders will need a 2 year work history along with verification of your income. via 1099 or w-2 attached to tax returns. (also fair - good credit history and some cash reserves to contribute toward a purchase) There's more to the process but that's the top 3.

Before you get started on a purchase I suggest. Coming in for "Buyer Counseling" which I do for FREE.
At our meeting, we would have the luxury of direct communication between ourselves and my lender(s) resources, we can structure HOW and WHEN you can fulfill your desire for home ownership.
0 votes
email me at and let's get started ASAP
Flag Mon Jun 4, 2012
Nick Sylvest…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
I have a friend in your business who just did a loan that was similar. I have a good mortgage guy I would be glad to put you in touch with. Depending on your credit you may need a co signer. You can reach me at 267-228-3910 or
Nick Sylvestro
Remax Access
0 votes
R. Eric Axel…, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Sun Jun 3, 2012
I have a great mortgage guy who would be able to answer this best for you. Would you like me to put you in touch? If so, email me in private as I do not like putting other people's contact info on here for all to see.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287 d
856.617.1212 m
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more