Matt Cooper, Home Buyer in Coconut Creek, FL

Can you fit two cars in the garage at Villa Medici Fort Lauderdale?

Asked by Matt Cooper, Coconut Creek, FL Mon Jan 21, 2013

I'm considering buying a home at the Villa Medici complex in Fort Lauderdale off of sunrise blvd. Can you fit two cars in the garage? It seemed tight when we saw the home with the realtor.

Answers

8
Karin S. Kam…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Yes Matt,
you can fit them in but don't get them out :)
Karin
Chad Gray, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 23, 2013
Matt,

You received great feedback on the ability to fit two cars in a garage at Villa Medici. Another possible issue to consider is the the angle of the garages and being able to make the required sharp turning radius to get a vehicle in the garage without having to make a couple of corrections.

Of course some cars are better able to make sharp turning radiuses than others, so everyone's situation is different.

My advice to you would be to return to the property with your largest vehicle and see if you can get it in and out of the garage.

Best of luck!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
Michael Bitt…, Home Buyer, 33304
Tue Jan 22, 2013
I live in the development. There are plenty of owners with 2 SUVs who park them in the garage. As others have said, it's a matter of your parking skills.
Iliana Ivano…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
The parking situation is very tight in this particular development. You can hardly put a sedan in the garage and in addition is even harder to maneuver between the buildings.
There are not sufficient guest parking spaces either , so if you have 2 cars I will recommend to look into different subdivision.

I hope this information will be helpful to you when making a final decision.

Iliana Ivanova P.A.
Real Estate Broker
John Bourassa, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Yes you can as long at both cars are a Smart Car or a Fiat 500 or one of each. But this is nota condition indigenous to only Villa Medici, many homes or Town Houses have a garage they call a 2-car garage but it is really a 1.5 car garage for medium length size cars.

The other inconvenient condition of Villa Medici is maneuvering in and out of the very narrow driveways leading to the "2-car garages".
Richard Salt…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Matt,
Although, as you noted, it is quite tight, you can certainly fit 2 cars in the VM garage. It is a legitimate 2 car garage but is tight due to the turning angles allowed by the narrow driveways. As long as you do not have 2 over sized vehicles it is certainly feasible. I have sold and rented many units in the community and have not had any complaints regarding this matter from my customers. If you would like to try and get your cars in there at any time I have a vacant unit that I can give you access to so you can give it a go. There is currently a very well priced foreclosure in the complex which is probably the best deal in east Fort Lauderdale for this type of property in east Fort Lauderdale.

Richard Salter
Salter Realty
954-812-4801
http://www.salterrealty.com
marc jablon, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Jan 21, 2013
The garages at VillaMedici in Fort Lauderdale have not changed since you saw them. For the family who owns a Smart Car and a Fiat, there may be a chance to fit two cars.

If you give your Fort Lauderdale real estate agent an idea of what you have in mind, that agent may be able to help you find a home that works for you and two normal sized cars.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Erich Whitem…, Agent, FL,
Mon Jan 21, 2013
Hi, Matt.

As you mentioned, the garages are small 2 car garages. Whether two cars will fit depends on the cars, your parking skills, and how far you want to be able to open the car door once in the garage. Another concern is the turning radius of the vehicle to be able to turn from the drive into the garage.

I've seen residents have a hard time making the turn and needing to back up to try and line up their SUVs to squeeze in.

On the flip side, a Mini Cooper can make the turn easily.