Can you buy a house without a green card? Which banks will approve mortgages for foreigners who lived in CA for many years and pay taxes legally?

Asked by Susie Yang, Los Angeles, CA Sat Mar 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jamie Tian, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Hi Susie,

Yes, you can buy a house without a green card. Some banks will approve mortgages with higher down payments. I have heard many foreigners have had more success at foreign banks.

Feel free to contact me at (310) 717-1321 or with any questions or concerns. I would be happy to refer to you a few banks or mortgage brokers who may be able to help you. I would also be happy to help you in your home search once you are ready!

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
Web Reference:
1 vote
Nadiadonici08, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Oct 31, 2016
Hi, I have a question...but first let me explain my situation...I have a work permit ( employee authorization) I don't have my green card papers are still in process I have a good credit history( good credit score around 720) I'm 3 yers and 5 months in USA, my wife has green card but she doesn't have any credit history and also I have a Baby he is almost 5 months old.. income this year must to be around 170k (I'm self employed-truck driver) so now my question is are any chance to buy a house in my situation and with not a very high down payment ? Thank you
0 votes
Richard- El…, Other Pro, Augusta, GA
Mon Oct 14, 2013
Foreign National Loans

Borrowers using TIN Okay
Borrowers with NO CREDIT SCORE
Borrowers with NO SSN
Foreign Nationals {Expatriate}- NO PASSPORT {Must have valid work visa or 30% Down}
70% LTV Purchases
65% LTV Rate & Term Refinance
50% LTV Cash Out {Possible higher if financials are up to par}
Multiple properties OKAY
Corporation purchasing and refinancing OKAY

Richard- El Bey
Avarice Investments
(706) 399-7813 cell
(678) 752-8062 Office
0 votes
Ann_globenet…, , Westminster, CA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
yes, you can buy a house in usa without the green card .

Web Reference :
0 votes
Thierry Abel, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Corte Madera, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Obtaining a loan for a Foreign National or a Non-Permanent Resident Alien (NPRA) is not much different than doing a loan for a US Citizen or for a Permanent Resident. We require credible documentation for 2 yrs. + year-to-date Income, credit report or alternative credit to demonstrate ‘A’ quality credit worthiness, and seasoned funds in a known financial institution (does not have to be seasoned in a US bank account). Translation of documents may be necessary if the originals are not in English.

Foreign Nationals:
You have no Green Card and no VISA.
No Credit required…but four credit references required – alternate credit from country of origin is okay…international credit reports are also acceptable. (We usually Google your Country of Origin to determine if they have credit reports & tax filing).
Max 50% Loan-to-value.
Minimum loan amount of $300,000.
We require 2-years income verification history but it is not necessary to have U.S. tax returns…Tax documents from country of origin are okay. If your country of origin does not require to file the equivalent of tax returns, then we need an employment letter on your company's letter head explaining compensation. If the employment letter is in a language other than English we need to get a statement from a tax preparer or equivalent that can provide evidence of your credentials by translating the documents…it must be on letterhead so that we can verify the company through 3rd party sources.
We must be able to source seasoned assets in a known verifiable worldwide financial institution (i.e., Credit Suisse, HSBC, UBS, Bank of Tokyo)…the funds may not be in an Institution which cannot be verified. The main reason for sourcing the income and assets is for OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) which monitors foreign countries, regimes, known terrorists, etc.

Tax Preparer or Equivalent – Financial Analysis:
If the income and asset documentation is in a foreign language, we might have to hire an Accountant/CPA (tax preparer or equivalent) to analyze, interpret, convert and present the information in such a way so our Underwriter can easily understand. That is, have a comprehensive summary and accounting of thyour financial position. (Tip: All U.S. Embassies provide translation services).

You must have a Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number (TIN) which can be easily acquired through an Accountant/CPA or visit the IRS website that explains what and how to get a TIN. As long as you have applied for the TIN, we can proceed….
Passport and second form of ID required.
Power of Attorney (POA) is not allowed. You, if not present in the US, will have to go to an American Consulate to sign and have loan documents notarized.
Verification of existing Mortgage/Rent is required for previous 12 months.
Reserves of 12-months full debt service required (including all payments, cars, etc.).

Feel free to call me.

Thierry Abel
Senior Loan Consultant
All California Mortgage
A Division of APMC
P: (415) 464-8261
C: (415) 378-7508
F: (415) 464-2367
NMLS 304353 - DRE 01380701
0 votes
Tina Chin, Agent, North Hollywood, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Yes, you can buy house without a green card. Please call me for FREE CONSULTATION 424-354-6636.
0 votes
Tina Chin, Agent, North Hollywood, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Yes. you can buy javascript:{}buy house without a green card.

Please call me for FREE CONSULTATION 424-354-6636.
0 votes
Jane Peters, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Try Phuong Duong with HSBC. They specialize in foreign loans.
Web Reference:
0 votes
carlos parra…, Other Pro, Monrovia, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
Yes, you can buy a house without a green card.
0 votes
SERGEY FEDNOV…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
I worked with the bank in the past they specialize in home loans to foreigner buyers. Last time It was 40-50% down and under 5% interest rate.

Call me 424-777-9377

Help with Any Real Estate Transaction - Buy or Sell  

Call me 424-777-9377 -  FREE CONSULTATION!  

Should you have any questions - please feel free to call me Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 (1-855-878-7855)  ext. 777. 

Sergey Fednov 
President - Realtor® 
- Trust Sale Realty - 
Residential & Commercial Real Estate 
Toll Free: 1-855-TRUST-55 
Toll Free: 1-855-878-7855 
Phone: 424-777-9377 
Fax: 310-356-4925 
- We Hire CA Licensed Real Estate Agents - 
Lic# 01896869 
0 votes
Caroline Har…, Agent, Northridge, CA
Sat Mar 2, 2013
I have the perfect person to answer this for you. Call Bridgette with WestCom Lending at 818-335-0283 and she will be able to get you the answers immediately and she'll also do a free pre-qualification for you to see what loan amount you qualify for and estimated monthly payments. You can also email her at . Good luck house hunting!!

Caroline Harabedian
RE-Search Concept
8700 Reseda Blvd., Suite 213-B
Northridge, California 91324
(818) 967-9626 mobile
(818) 979-0226 fax
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more