Can the underwritter deny our loan while Green Card is being renewed?

Asked by marcia_2404, Houston, TX Tue Feb 26, 2013

My husband and I are applying for an FHA loan. The house is being built. Have been in the proscess for almost a year. Now we turned in all of our required documents to the broker because the house is almost done and we can now start the loan process. Loan officer asked us for our Green Cards/Permanent Resident cards. Mine is all good but my husband's expired 2 yrs ago. (We completaly forgot that it would expired because we hadn't have the need to leave the country or showed it for new employment since he's been with his company for 6yrs, so we had it put away with all of the remaining important documents) Now we filed for the renewal and I provided all the documentation to the broker but she doesn't know weather the underwritter will accept that or not. Can someone pls give me some feedback as to what are the odds we'll get approved.

Answers

8
Nancy Chapmon, Agent, Longview, TX
Thu Jan 22, 2015
Best to you - I'll be watching as this is a very good question. The lender I use typically seems to be able to get anything done, so hopefully yours will too!

Nancy Chapmon, REaltor
Fathom Realty
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Fri Jan 16, 2015
Hi Maria,

I would suggest that you work with an attorney. Good luck!

Susie Kay
Realtor & Certified Stager
United Real Estate
469-371-2899
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net
Richie Rowla…, Agent, Flower mound, TX
Thu Jan 15, 2015
Thats a hard one to answer. I would suggest finding Legal counsel on this matter. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor
modyprateek, Renter, Dunedin, FL
Thu Jan 15, 2015
did you get the loan? Mine is the same case this year.
John Lyng, , Dallas, TX
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Marcia,

I think that the odds are against you with FHA. I hope that I'm wrong, but if not I should be able to help you if it doesn't work out, as long as you're buying a home for no more than my cap of $200,160.

If you need help contact me at JLyng@naca.com.

John Lyng
Mortgage Counselor - NMLS 280951
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Feb 26, 2013
HI Marcia,

Ya its going to be a tough call.

You can get in town with your lawyer and see if they can provide the loan processor more information besides the renew application. As the application wont mean too much to them.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Chuni Lu, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Kenny is right. There is no way a loan company can predict whether your husband's green card renewal will be granted or not. It's better also talk to your immigration attorney.
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Feb 26, 2013
Yes they can. Guideline for even US citizens have gotten very very tight. If you want a loan, if the underwriters say jump, you jump. Talk with your Realtor.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty