Can the $8000.00 tax credit be used as a down payment?

Asked by L, Kansas City, MO Sun Feb 21, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sandi Reed, Agent, Lees Summit, MO
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Missouri no longer has a program to 'borrow' against your tax credit for the downpayment. However, there are several other options available, depending upon where you choose to live. USDA offers 100% financing for homes in the rural area. You can still be within 30-40 minutes drive from downtown KC and live in one of these areas. There are also programs within the city but are dependent on funds being available.
1 vote
Fred Glick, Agent, Mountain View, CA
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Speak to a local mortgage broker and real estate agent because there are non-profits and local governmental agencies that do allow monitizing the tax credit through an up front loan and an FHA mortgage.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Feb 21, 2010
Speak to your tax consultant regarding qualifying IRS Codes and see IRS website link--unfortunately, it's a credit that will be issued after the transaction has closed.,,id=206293,00.html
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Lees Summit Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more