Can someone recommend a realtor to me in Brooklyn NY? I am a first time home buyer. Thanks!

Asked by Christian Oconnor, 11223 Tue Mar 4, 2008

Answers

21
Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Wed Mar 5, 2008
Judy Sloate from Coldwell Banker has lived in Brooklyn Heights for over 20 years. She would be able to help you w/ your neighborhood questions as well as real estate questions for Brooklyn. Not only is she a REALTOR and broker, but she's a good person.
Caesar Galin…, , Staten Island, NY
Fri Mar 7, 2008
Give me a call at (718) 698-2179 at Prosperity Real Estate Group, We are on Richmond ave as well, I can help you answer any questions you may have, this is not commitment to come with us. YOu can call and inquire about this even if you are already working with someone. Buying a properity is a constitutional right, and we are here to make sure you are not provided with erroneous information. We welcome this questions because it allows us to do research for you and ourselves which we can share with others.

My Name is Caesar Galindo Office manager, and Law Student at CUNY Law School.
Darlene Scott, Agent, New York, NY
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Call Darlene Scott @ 646-934-4884 @ Fillmore Real Estate
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Apr 13, 2008
Brooklyn geographically is very, very large. The question becomes... what area(s) within Brooklyn are you interested in? You see, given it's large size, most brokers do not specialize in the entire Borough. Once you narrow down your search to a specific community, let me know and I will be able to refer you to a broker that specializes in the exact area, be it me or someone else. Good Luck!
Gerry Vazquez, Agent, NY,
Tue Mar 4, 2008
Christian, As requested, below are the names and telephone numbers of 3 top Brooklyn agents affiliated w/Prudential Douglas Elliman. Interview one or all three and pick the one you feel most comfortable with. Good luck.

- Arlene Booth (718) 780-8157
- Ruth Kessler (718) 780-8122
- Kristin Yorke (718) 780-8182
C Tann-Starr, , 11354
Sun May 18, 2008
Hi Christian,

Congrats on taking the steps to purchase your first home. Getting pre-approved to purchase will make it easier for you to decide which price range of homes you would like to see in the neighborhoods of your choice.

Please feel free to visit the agents' websites in this forum and check out their listings. Most sites have resource centers which will let you search for a variety of types (e.g. pictures of houses constructed as old style, contemporary, center hall colonial, Victorian, brownstone, etc). Once you get a feel for the type of exteriors you like, group them by location (e.g. Bensonhurst, Gravesend, Park Slope, Ocean Hill, Crown Heights, Lefferts Gardens, etc) and make appointments to see the interiors.

Do you want to stay in the 11223 zip code area, or do you have specific neighborhoods you think you may like to try? I was born and raised in Brooklyn, know it well, live in Queens but work in all five boroughs. There are a lot of great agents that may be able to assist you in your house hunting needs so take your time and meet a few before deciding to select one to represent you. When you finally do, stick with that agent. Nothing beats a team of good people working well with you to look out for your family's interests.

If you tell us which areas you are thinking of buying in we may be able to help you more efficiently in the forum. I believe you can't go wrong with anyone here willing to help you. Aileen and Gerry have forwarded you the names of some excellent agents to start with. I would definately call them as well as contact Prosperity Real Estate Group. They're all hard workers.

Wishing you the best.

Regards, C.
Web Reference:  http://www.TannStarr.com
Greg Donato, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed May 14, 2008
Christian,
I answered you back in March, here it is May so I'm not sure if you are still in the market or have had a change of heart. Anyway, it not so much about which of the companies you use, its easy to go from one to another and believe me there are many. What I would recommend you do is provide me with a summary of what your lifestyle is about (likes/dislikes), purpose of your relocation(career,school,family etc) and what your budget is and you anticipate your budget will enable you to purchase. I will make some suggestions to assist you in deciding the best direction whether or not it means enabling me personally to work with you. I've got plenty going on in my business right now and I'm just trying to be helpful to you. Send me an email facilitate@optonline.net or call me anytime at 347-860-5819. I will take you through the process and get your adventure started. Best of Luck.
Alen Moshkov…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed May 14, 2008
Louise don't ever put words in my mouth and try to twist something I said into a false statement. Maybe you should go and re-read what I posted where you will notice HOW I COMPARED MLS LISTINGS TO WHAT REBNY FIRMS USE, no where in my post have I said to go with a REBNY firm as opposed to a smaller brokerage. "Something for you to consider" were my exact words, if you can't read that correctly try very hard not to get others involved in your problem.
And it's Douglas Elliman, not Douglees Elliman, at-least get that right.

Have your self a great day.
Alen Moshkov…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Tue May 13, 2008
Hi Christian.

Before you ask someone to refer an agent to you, maybe it would be a good idea for you to tell us what you are looking for and in which area? You probably wouldn't want someone selling Brighton Beach Co-ops to work with you in Dumbo or Williamsburg.
Christian one other thing that you probably didn't know, some of the smaller brokerages use what is called an MLS system where they post all their properties, and on the other side you haver larger firms who are not part of an MLS system and use ORL or something similar which connects majority REBNY firms together and does not include MLS listings. So a local broker may have a hard time getting listings from larger firms like Prudential Douglas Ellima, Corcoran, Halstead, etc.....Something for you to consider.

Best of luck in your search and please feel free to shoot me an email if none of this made sence.

Regards
~Alen
Lou Belisario, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Mon May 12, 2008
Hey Christian I could offer my services to you. Im young and energetic and I get the job done. Why dont you call me and we'll set up some appts. Call me anytime 1-347-702-3316. If you want a home ASAP Im the guy for you!

Lou
Greg Donato, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri May 2, 2008
Is me again, Greg. If you are serious about Brooklyn I am the person to contact. 347-860-5819 or email me at facilitate@optonline.net. I have a couple of things to talk to you about and can help you get all the information you need about our great borough, Brooklyn and its neighborhoods. There is so much to enjoy here, you will love it! I will make your transition a breeze.
Patricia Cun…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Hello ,
My name is Patricia, I'm a real estate consultant. If you have a dream, let's make it happen !
Email PatriciaCunningham@fillmore.com
Cell 347-613-4412
Greg Donato, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sun Apr 13, 2008
Simply give me a call 347-860-5819 to discuss. Im a lifelong resident of Brooklyn f and can help with all aspects of your relocation - taking the burden off you.
Adina Greenb…, , New York, NY
Fri Apr 4, 2008
I wholeheartedly recommend Judy Sloate from Coldwell Banker Previews International. She knows Brooklyn as her inside pocket. Having lived in Brooklyn Heights over 25 years, she is knowledgeable, pleasant and totaly honest. jsloate@cbpreviewsnyc.com or give her a call at 646-442-7409
Andrea Lamot…, , Brooklyn, NY
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Please give me a call at ERA Top Service Realty @ 718-623-5800 or Email at loveyrhome@gmail.com
I would be more than happy to assit you
Andrea LaMothe
Please access http://associates.era.com/andrealamothe -- then go to ERA.COM to search for your new home.
Hi, , Virginia
Wed Apr 2, 2008
call me
1 (GOT) ANY-CASH

anyways

good luck
Diane Blackm…, , Queens, NY
Wed Apr 2, 2008
If you are looking for a serious Buyers Agent knowledgeable about Brooklyn please contact me:

Diane Blackman -- Prudential Douglas Elliman
718-593-9211

Inventory is high and short sales plentiful! It's an excellent time to begin your search.
Lou Belisario, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Mar 28, 2008
Why dont you give me a call...1-347-702-3316...google me if youd like. Check out some listings at fillmore.com, I'll get you inside and in contract ASAP.
ALBERTO S., , New York, NY
Thu Mar 27, 2008
I GOT A HOUSE IN CYPRESS HILLS BROOKLYN, VERY NICE AREA.CHECK OUT MY LISTINGS. ITS TECHNICALLY NOT ON THE MARKET YET BEING THAT IM NEW TO TRULIA.COM, BUT YOU COULD BE MY 1ST GOOD EXPERIENCE.917-826-0705.
Greg Donato, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Mar 27, 2008
Ther are neighborhoods and then there are neighborhoods! There are so many vairiables and depending on you life style, family situation (children, no children, need for good schools etc), proximity to work needs and so on I can be your buyer borker and find you the right place. I suggest that you work with a buyer broker like myself (my loyalty is to the buyer). If you are serious I'd be happy to speak to you about how I can be of service. Please call me at 347-860-5810. I'd enjoy hearing from you and best of luck in your search.
Simon, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Mar 14, 2008
visit http:// http://www.simongabay.com , you can view some houses on my website and if you have any questions you can always call or e-mail me. Not all the houses that we have are on the site, you can always e-mail us with a description of what you are looking for and we would be glad to help you.
Web Reference:  http://www.simongabay.com