Can someone give me some information on the Skytop Drive homes in pleasantville?

Asked by Zack, Westchester County, NY Wed Jan 2, 2008

Is this a planned community like Rosecliff in Briarcliff Manor or Cortland Ridge in Millwood? If so, what is the HOA fee and restrictions etc? I see a few MLS listings including 2 that popped up today for new construction there. Who is the builder? Has anyone dealt with having a house built there? Any issues/problems etc? I'm just looking for some preliminary info and will probably do a drive by this weekend.

Answers

8
Erin, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Feb 29, 2008
thank you! I appreciate your help!
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Fri Feb 29, 2008
Didn't get that far. We looked at the blue prints for the 2400 sq ft colonial with the room above the garage. We wanted a 2 car garage but it would've been tight on that lot.
Erin, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Feb 29, 2008
What was the layout adn number of rooms that you designed? What was the quote for teh price of the house?
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Fri Feb 29, 2008
We were told 3-4 months for construction which would've began in late January, although weather delays couldn't be forseen. Taxes I have no idea. We used the house offered for 749k on Sarles Ave as a starting point since its also new construction but its a slightly smaller lot, 50 by 100 ft. Our friends had told us that Pleasantville is notorious for expensive taxes on additions or new construction but the taxes listed on Sarles seemd to contradict that but we didn't investigate further.
Erin, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Fri Feb 29, 2008
Thank you so much for this useful information. Do you have any idea what the real estate taxes will be and how long the constuction process will take?
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Thu Feb 28, 2008
Erin,
We went to see the lots and met with the builder. It is not a homeowner's association. There are 2 lots on the left side of the road for building. The MLS usually showed 3 (57,59,63) because they wanted to advertise the 3 types of houses they have stock plans for. The road has a yellow line and basically no shoulder and the lots were 100 ft deep by 75 ft across which is about standard for the area but still small. We went to see another house the builder had done on mountain view rd and they did a good job flattening out the back and making a small yard of it. We did not pursue it any further after talking to the builder since I'm still hoping to live closer to NYC but we haven't totally ruled it out either. The realtor sent me a message last week that the right lot of the two had an agreement and was coming off the market. The right one was more flat. The 889k listed one is a flag lot that would be built behind another house with a long driveway. We didn't look at it so I'm not sure where it is. Hope this helps.

Zack
Erin, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Feb 28, 2008
I'm interested in thsi property too. Did you eve find any answers? Does nayone know about this area?
Kenneth Diaz, Agent, White Plains, NY
Tue Jan 15, 2008
I've attached a link to detailed property information. Please feel free to contact me should you wish to schedule a viewing or require additional information.