Barbara, Home Buyer in Delaware

Can someone describe the pros and cons of buying a home in Dickeyville? Quality of life etc.

Asked by Barbara, Delaware Fri Jun 27, 2008

Answers

2
Robert Small, , Maryland
Fri Jul 4, 2008
If you are looking to buy in MD, I am a MD lender. I would love to help you with your purchase. As I am local, I have a network of real estate professionals that will make for a smooth purchase transaction(ie. realtors, title company, appraisers, inspectors, etc.) Please feel fee to contact me for a full loan approval. My contact information is listed below.

Robert A. Small
Mortgage Specialist
American Mortgage, Incorporated
Toll Free (888) 270-9808
Cell (443) 417-8944
Fax (206) 350-4491
Email rsmall@e-americanmortgage.com
Ted Stewart, Agent, Baltimore, MD
Fri Jun 27, 2008
Barbara, I LOVE Dickeyville! It's an old mill town from late 1800's to early 1900's. The pros: the houses and the neighbors/heighborhood. It's a very tight-knit community. The cons: location is a primary one. Dickeyville is an island surrounded by neighborhoods that aren't as nice. There's really no commercial area nearby, so you have to drive to get to everything. Keep in mind that although it seems it's in the middle of nowhere, it's still in Baltimore City (with city taxes). Public schools in the area score below the state average - you need to be aware of that if you have school-aged children.

Suggestion: drive through the neighborhood one weekend and talk to any residents you see out. They will love to tell you all you want to hear. My experience - they'll be gald to share the negatives with you, then will tell you there's no other neighborhood they would consider! Good luck! Ted

Ted Stewart, CRS, e-PRo
Yerman Witman Gaines and Conklin Realty