Can somebody help me out here on trulia.?

Asked by C_1980, Fergus Falls, MN Fri Feb 17, 2012

I'm desperate...

We're looking for a contract for deed or lease option home purchase in the Fergus Falls, Minnesota area.

Answers

8
Bd56, Home Owner, Fergus Falls, MN
Tue Apr 2, 2013
What size of home are you looking for? Are you looking for something in town?
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find lease-options and contract for deed properties: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption

C_1980, Home Buyer, Fergus Falls, MN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Thanks again everyone here,

Christopher, yes when or if you find some information please pass it along my way.

Thanks for your time and response :)

Del, I sent you an e-mail via the contact form listed on your profile.
Christopher…, Agent, Bloomington, MN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Anything popped up on Craigslist? The other route is make sure you are looking at the rent section for single family properties. Many times even if they do not advertise the two options the seller will consider it.

Some lenders and others on Trulia will give you a bunch of crap about these two options, but if done correctly you do have ways of protecting yourself. They can be win-wins.

If I know of any agents in Fergus Falls I will let you know!
Dalton Jose, , Fergus Falls, MN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
I would enjoy having the opportunity to find you a C4D home in Fergus Falls. Let's discuss. I have one available but would depend on your bedrooms needs and individual preferences. Contact me thru my link below and let's see if we can end your search!
Jim Simms, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Louisville, KY
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Be very careful, sellers are not subject to the same regulations as lenders. Even if you find one the deal may fall apart years from now. I frequently get calls from buyers that lost a ton because the deal did not work out like they thought it would. You are assuming the seller is in a better position than you are, often a very big mistake. Usually the reason a buyer seeks owner provided financing is because the buyer does not qualify for a traditional loan. Underwriting guidelines protect the buyer more than they do the lender. If you work around not qualifying for a traditional mortgage the risk on your side increases a lot. If you search around even a little bit you will find plenty of “buyers” that tried owner financing or lease to own that did not work out so well. The underlying assumption is the seller will also be able to perform someday down the road. That is a very big what if, people die, get divorced, go belly up, lots of bad things could happen to the seller before you are ready. See more info in the link below I hope my observations protect you, good luck,
C_1980, Home Buyer, Fergus Falls, MN
Fri Feb 17, 2012
Thank you.

Brooke, I wish you were an agent in Dakota-MN area, it's absurd that after a dozen or so e-mails, various online postings and numerous phone calls (in the area) that I am unable to hear or (at the very least) read either a negative or positive a response to a single question posed.

I would be happy with either/or...

On a separate note, good luck to everyone out there...
Brooke Hengst, Agent, Centennial, CO
Fri Feb 17, 2012
You will definitely need to find a local realtor in your area to help you find these opportunities.

You should be able to do a search in the "Find A Pro" section for the zip code or city area you are in.

Brooke Hengst
REALTOR, CDPE
Your Castle Real Estate
p: (720) 988-5952
bhengst1@gmail.com
http://www.brookehengst.com
Web Reference:  http://www.brookehengst.com