Can seller show property if I have signed binder?

Asked by Lee, Brooklyn, NY Sun Mar 9, 2008

Can seller still show property if I have signed binder.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Apr 13, 2009
Hello, in New York a signed binder is just an offer expressing interest in a property for a particular price and under certain conditions. In order for the seller to stop showing the property and take it off the market you would have to have a fully executed contract (signed by the buyer and seller).

If you need any assistance feel free to call me.

Rhonda Holt
Full Time Top Sales Agent In Brooklyn
Specializing In Co-ops & Home Sales
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
Brooklyn, NY
Cell: 646-725-5941
Web Reference:
0 votes
Allison Long…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Wed Aug 13, 2008
Until you have a fully executed contract, the seller can show the property at will.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Aug 11, 2008
The seller can show the home if you have a binder only if the seller signed an exclusive agency agreement with you or if you have an open listing of course. A binder is just an offer and a property should be shown until there is a legal and binding contract.

I hope this has helped you.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Joe Sorrenti…, , Buffalo, NY
Sun Mar 9, 2008
A seller can show their home until it closes, just as buyers can still look at houses after a contract is signed (at least in NY State). Taking another offer is another thing. You should discuss this with an attorney. A seller may be able to take subsequent offers contingent upon the release of a prior offer as long as there are no restrictions in the first contract or objections by your attorney.
0 votes
Lauren S, , 11756
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Hi Lee. Until the home is formally UNDER CONTRACT in NY, a seller has the right to continue showings.

For more info:
0 votes
Victoria Lor…, , Fairfield County, CT
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Check your local laws and MLS regulations but in the area I am in, in CT, the answer is absolutely yes.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more