Can seller cancel contract?

Asked by Hollie, Tracy, CA Fri May 25, 2012

The seller would need extra time to move out but the short sale lender would not give any extension. I don't want to close if the seller doesn't move out at COE. The dual agent said they have the right to cancel the contract and go with a cash offer.If I don't sign the release form, can they go with a cash offer?

Answers

5
Hollie, Home Buyer, Tracy, CA
Sat May 26, 2012
Thank you all, I will try.
Pearline Yoc…, Agent, Valley Springs, CA
Fri May 25, 2012
Walter gave you some good advice, ask to have a meeting with the agents broker. Do not be afraid to ask questions so you are clear on what is going on. I wish you lots of luck and hope everything turns out ok.
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Fri May 25, 2012
Hi Hollie,
Tough to say without seeing all the documents. I would suggest you ask the dual agent to arrange a meeting with his/her broker. I would get the broker's input on what your options are. All real estate agreements are with the broker who is representeb by the agent.
Hollie, Home Buyer, Tracy, CA
Fri May 25, 2012
thanks, Pearline.

Per the contract, the seller needs to provide possession at COE. If they can't, why we have to close?
Fri May 25, 2012
They can give you a notice to perform to close escrow, if you do not perform my the terms of the contract they can cancel it.