Can property taxes on a foreclosed home be lowered through an assessment? What are the steps to this process?

Asked by Johnny, Chicago, IL Thu Mar 31, 2011

Interested in buying a condo - 3 bed, 2 bath with garage in Skokie, taxes listed at around $7k. A similar condo in Chicago, from what I have seen, has an annual tax rate of around $2400. Is there any guarantee that one can get the property taxes lowered?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ranj Mohip, Other Pro, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 6, 2011
You can challenge your assessed value, and in turn, lower your taxes. You will have to find similar properties in your township. Skokie and Chicago are not in the same township. The Cook County Assessor or an attorney can help you with this.

The information in this answer is general information and is not intended as legal advice, nor do I intend to create an attorney-client relationship with any reader by answering this question or otherwise contributing as a member of
3 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Mar 31, 2011
Your questions need be directed to county tax office who are professionals answer all your concerns

In some instances YES taxes can be lowered HOWEVER tax office will provide you those guidelines to file a petition
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Skokie Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more