Tom and Heat…, Home Buyer in District of Columbia

Can myhusband go to settlement I'm out of town on business?

Asked by Tom and Heather, District of Columbia Fri Jul 11, 2008

If so, what will he need--a durable Power of Attorney?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


J R, , New York, NY
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Your attorney will be able to guide you on this. Your husband doesn't have to be there.
1 vote
Will Nesbitt, Agent, Alexandria, VA
Sat Aug 16, 2008
You can also inquire with your title company about closing in escrow
0 votes
Deb Orth, Agent, Richmond, VA
Sat Jul 12, 2008
Your husband can act on your behalf, signing all documents, with a Power of Attorney. Discuss this with the sttorney handling your closing. he or she can prepare this POA for your signature and authority prior to you leaving town.


Deb Orth
Keller Williams Realty
Richmond, VA
0 votes
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Fri Jul 11, 2008
Hi there - a Power of Attorney should do the trick - do check with your attorney so that you have everything in good order to close.

Congrats - closing is a good thing!

Search and connect at
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Popular Falls Church Neighborhoods

Email me when…

Learn more