Can my neighbor hurt the sale of our home? She is also a realtor and wanted to buy our place for herself for almost nothing.

Asked by 14323r5435, Montgomery, AL Thu Feb 21, 2013

From the time she moved next door she set this tone: Hey, I am here to take over the neighborhood and I want you gone. No way were we going to hire her. And now that we went with someone else she is angry and talking about us. I see a camera and tripod set up in her open doorway, and she keeps tabs on everything we do. I don't know what she is filming, but we have no privacy from her and she stomps up and down her driveway eyeballing us. We are afraid to even step outside. What can we do to protect ourselves?

Answers

3
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Even if this person wasn't a Realtor, this would be strange and disturbing behavior. I would go and talk to the police. At a minimum, you should be documenting your complaints in case this situation gets any worse.

I hope you also have a sane Realtor to help you close this sale. You're going to probably need someone who knows every rule in the book, as your neighbor may try to derail any contract.

Best of luck, and I hope you find much friendlier neighbors at your new home!
Robin Davies, Agent, Prattville, AL
Fri Feb 22, 2013
First of all, I apologize for the unprofessionalism that you are experiencing. This type of behavior is not the way I would like to be represented as a Realtor. The decision to place your home on the market is completely up to you and to choose whomever you feel will represent you in the best way, regardless if a Realtor lives next door to you. My suggestion is to speak to an attorney. I am not sure that much can be done as she is staying on her property, but it would not hurt to find out your rights especially if it is to the point that you are uncomfortable going outside of your home. This is appauling to me and I do hope that you can find some resolve. Also, good luck in selling your home.
, ,
Thu Feb 21, 2013
You might need to talk to an attorney!