Can i get a document showing that the hoa fees on my foreclosed property have been paid off. if yes where can I get that?

Asked by Tomajames1, Hawthorne, CA Sat Oct 19, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Were these HOA fees paid for by you or the lender? The HOA's management company is typically the source of this type of information.

1 vote
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Sun Nov 10, 2013

Contact the HOA directly, they can provide you with this information.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes
Alex Montelo…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Find the HOA's contact info and inquire directly with them. They have a record of when it was paid off.
0 votes
Marna Brennan, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sun Oct 20, 2013
Is the lien on your credit report from the HOA or the bank? If it is the HOA, you should contact them directly for an updated statement. If you or the foreclosing bank did pay in full, then request that the HOA remove the lien. You can then contact the credit recording company and advise them of what you have done.
0 votes
Alexander Gr…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Your HOA management company should provide you with this.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer
NMLS #1056079

0 votes
Michael Magaw, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sat Oct 19, 2013
I answered this under your Carson question. It would help if you explained more about your situation. Did you pay the HOA and now need proof? Or do you think the bank or someone paid the HOA dues and why did they pay it.
Bottom line, if the dues were paid, the HOA management company should give you an accurate accounting of your HOA balance.
0 votes
I dont know if it have been paid off, my home was forclosed in 2007 and there is a lien judgment on my credit report. I guess my question should be how to find out if the fees has been paid off
Flag Sat Oct 19, 2013
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Sat Oct 19, 2013
Contact the secretary or manager of the association and request a statement of account.
0 votes
Mark Vinton, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sat Oct 19, 2013

I'm assuming you have your statement showing your balance and you have a cancelled check reflecting payment for that balance. That would be first step.

The association could produce a letter for you showing your statement balance paid. And, in the event your association used property management firm, a call to them would produce the same result for you.

Hope that helps, enjoy your weekend.

Mark Vinton, Realtor
BRE# 01322983
Direct: 562-212-4595
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more