Can anyonerecommend a good appraiser. Someone who takes their job seriously, know what they are doing and can justify their appraisal.

Asked by Jeromepalmyra, North Port, FL Wed Oct 9, 2013

Answers

5
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Thu Oct 10, 2013
You can use this site to look up any Florida appraiser. - http://appraiserusa.com/florida/index.htm

If you are purchasing a home, the mortgage company will hire their own appraiser that is on their list of approvied appraisers and you have no say in it.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remaxagent.com/
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Oct 10, 2013
I totally agree with your concern and wish people requiring an appraisal could be given an accurate evaluation for the property instead of a report that validates the contract price for the lender. Why else do appraisals require a copy of the contract? I would think that a true appraisal wouldn't require such documentation.

You've struck a nerve for me......some things happen and are never questioned. This is one of them.

I firmly believe that individuals purchasing the service of an appraiser are entitled to know what their home is worth not that it's a sound investment for the lender.....come on!

Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Thu Oct 10, 2013
-
-
I get borrowers all the time on refis that have put on a new roof, tiled their bathrooms and kitchen and laid new sod and suddenly feel their property is worth much more then all the other comparable sales in their neighborhood!

Unless there are solid gold toilets or the property in on an oil reservoir, its worth the appraised values...or what someone who loves it is willing to pay for it!

-
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Oct 10, 2013
As David and Steve reported, the purpose of your appraisal is essential information regarding what options you have.
-
There are other reasons for an appraisal that does not include financing through a bank. For such purposes a good appraisal is needed. Be aware, your inclusion of the words, "takes their job seriously": are big red flashing lightts that beg your more information.
-
Those words suggest you have an expectation that may not be grounded in reality and no appraisal result will prove statisfactory.
-
Contact your real estate professional or attorney for a appraisal referral.
Thu Oct 10, 2013
-
-
If this were 2007 I could, but thanks to HVCC (Home Value Code of Conduct) rules forced on the industry as part of the overwhelming knee jerk reaction after 2007, unfortunately most of the good appraisers are gone!

Are you a borrower trying to buy or refi? If so, you have ZERO control over the appraisal process or what appraiser is selected to appraise the subject property!

==