Can anyone tell me why there are so many units for sale at Cider Hill in Old Orchard? I like the units but am concerned about resale. Thanks!

Asked by Catherine Pahigian, Scarborough, ME Tue May 25, 2010

Answers

4
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Mon Mar 17, 2014
The owners selling their units can give you their reasoning if they choose too, give them a call.
Murphy Team, Agent, Portland, ME
Mon Mar 17, 2014
Any time there is a "restriction" on a listing the buying pool is lessened. Buyers must be 55 years of age or older and pets are limited to 2. Whenever you purchase a property be sure to examine the By Laws, Declaration and the budget of the association to be sure you are buying into a fiscally sound development.
Lisette Leho…, Agent, Saco, ME
Tue May 25, 2010
Hi Catherine,

Margaret has provided accurate information below. In addition, this is a fairly new condo development and many of the units for sale are new. My father-in-law and cousins to my husband have units there and are very happy. If you are seriously interested, I would love to sit down with you to discuss in further detail. My office is just a couple miles from Cider Hill and I would be delighted to assist you. As someone familiar with this local market area, I can provide greater detail to you about this development. Please feel free to contact me at: CJ Dubois-Cote, 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com
Margaret Mit…, Agent, York, ME
Tue May 25, 2010
HI Catherine - the units are age restricted. 80% of owners must be 55+. Absolutely no children are allowed. They do allow pets but limited to 2 pets. These restrictions will appeal to some buers but not to thers. We have seen an uptick in recent months but the focus has been on first time home buyers and these units do not generally appeal to that segment of the market.