Can anyone tell me if they have an issue with scorpions in festival and is it possible to keep them out of your home?

Asked by Bee, Sun City Festival, Buckeye, AZ Tue Apr 10, 2012

Answers

2
Jason Fleming, Agent, Goodyear, AZ
Wed Apr 11, 2012
Most of the local farmers tell me that a chicken eats anything that moves, including scorpions. Now before you join me in laughter, our local vet told me that there is actually chicken breeds like dog breeds. And, some people actually raise them the same way dog breeders do. Now, I can still hear you snickering, was that a snort? But you have to ask yourself, would you rather have a chicken or scorpions. Besides, your friends will laugh with you...or at you.
Sonny Shriva…, Agent, Surprise, AZ
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Scorpions are common in remote communities surrounded by open desert -- Festival and Vistancia are good examples of such communities. The best thing you can do avoid getting scorpions is to ensure you control the cricket population at your property. Crickets are a favorite food of scorpions, so if there is no food for them, they won't visit you. Lizards love crickets, too. Keep a healthy lizard population in your yard and you will not have scorpion issues. I have successfully done this at my own home, it's natural and promotes the natural ecosystem without harmful chemicals.
Web Reference:  http://www.AZDreamMakers.com