Can anyone tell me about the Highlands 460 neighborhood in centennial? It's bordered by Colorado/University and Dry creek and county line.

Asked by Michael Wehrer, Outside U.S. Sun Aug 15, 2010

Looking to buy in Centennial, we drove through this neighborhood and it looks reseaonable but maybe not as upscale as some of the others?

Answers

12
Cynthia Lowry’s answer
Cynthia Lowry, Agent, Centennial, CO
Sat May 18, 2013
Live in this area and can't say enough about what it has to offer families wanting to relocate! The brand new Streets of Southglen, easy access to C-470 to I-25 corridor to anywhere,great parks, bike trails, golf and outdoor opportunities for families and single folks. Raising kids and activities for all types as well as educational options being diverse. Best to you in your venture.
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Hello Michael,

I just Sold a listing in The Highlands last Thursday. Here's a link to it's property website, there's links in the website with lots of information that may be of help to you. http://8164sharrisoncircle.epropertysites.com/

I can tell you that my Sellers lived in the neighborhood for 18 years and absolutely loved their home and the neighborhood. They were very sad about moving but needed to move closer to their family. The neighborhood is pretty much 1980's homes with large green lawns and mature landscaping. There's a bit of space between the homes. The schools are highly rated, there's pretty parks and you're right across from the Golf Course. Shopping and Dining is very close. Many of the homes in the neighborhood have remodeled kitchens and baths. If you buy in the neighborhood make sure you have the roof inspected since some of the homes had hail damage. Many of the homes had setteling issues and you will most likely want an Inspector to look for signs of any potential problems.

Feel free to email or call me if you have any other questions.

Here's a link to all of the homes currently for sale in The Highlands:

http://www.coloradohomes.com/property/PropertyResults.aspx?S…

Sandy Kinslow
The Kinslow Team LLC
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
kinslowteam@aol.com
h460rwise, Home Owner, Centennial, CO
Sat Jan 24, 2015
January 24, 2015
As a homeowner, board member, and NOT a broker, I invite you to visit the H460 web page at http://www.highlands460.org for more accurate and updated information (especially regarding the covenants) than you are likely to find on independent message boards such as this.
This is great advice! We are discovering many HOAs throughout Denver have had special assessments, capital projects and construction defect issues. If you don't know HOAs know your HOA management team. Additionally, get involved. Your new HOA needs your help. There are never enough volunteers!
Flag Sun Mar 1, 2015
Jan Baer, Agent, Littleton, CO
Sun Feb 8, 2015
The neighborhood is bordered by Dry Creek and County Line Roads on the North and South, respectively, and Colorado Boulevard and Adams Way to the East and West. The Highlands 460 is within the limits of the Littleton Public School District. The emergency services are provided by the Arapahoe County Sheriffs Department and Littleton Fire Rescue.

Each homeowner in the Highlands 460 is a member of the Highlands 460 Civic Association. The annual dues are voluntary and are currently $35. While the dues may not be mandatory, each homeowner is bound by the covenants on record and is expected to have read them and adhere to their contents. If you have any questions about the covenants please contact the Covenant Review Committee (CRC) at crc@highlands460.org.
The Highlands 460 Civic Association and resident volunteers put together a number of community events each year. Our annual picnic and 4th of July Parade provide a fun environment for all residents and a great way to meet your neighbors. We also organize neighborhood wide garage sales, large item pickup, as well as neighborhood beautification days. Our residents take great pride in their homes and neighborhood, and it shows as you walk up and down each street.

Along with our community activities residents enjoy easy access to C-470, University Blvd and many choices for grocery shopping and other retail and restaurants.

If you are purchasing a home in the Highlands 460 or are in need of documents for closing purposes here are some details for you:

Annual dues are $35 and are voluntary
Membership in the association is automatic by becoming a homeowner in the Highlands 460
If you do not have a copy of the covenants you may download them here
Current and historical meeting minutes can be found here
Financial and budget information can be found here
If you need a title letter, please email the CRC, they can let you know if the current year voluntary dues are paid and if there are any outstanding covenant violations on the home. The CRC can be contacted at crc@highlands460.org.
Information provided by the Public Web site for the Highlands460
Hope this is helpful and please call me if you need any help with looking at Centennial homes for sale. Cheers Jan Baer Realtor Broker Owner BAER Realty LLC
Sharon Robson, Agent, Denver, CO
Thu Oct 24, 2013
I know the area well. How can I help you?
Valerie Loew…, Agent, Castle Rock, CO
Fri May 17, 2013
Its a great neighborhood. Many families seek it for the excellent schools. Is there anything specific you would like to know about the area?
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Yes, I've Sold two homes recently in the neighborhood. One of them to one of our favorite lenders. Some of the homes had some settling issues over the years, just have a good inspector look things over. You can get settling problems anywhere in the metro area. Our lender was very picky and chose the neighborhood for location to his and his wifes work and also because it's gorgeous. Since the homes were built in the late 70's and early 80's you will have smaller master bedrooms and master baths. Some of them are decent in size but not like you are going to find in homes built in the last 10 to 15 years. You have to make that decision that most of us have to make, do we want a newer home with more open floor plans, large master suites and modern kitchens or do we want a home built in the 70's or 80's with large, lush yards. You may find a nice compromise by buying a home that's been upgraded in The Highlands like the one on Emerson or if you want a project go for a bank owned home like the one on Harrison and make it into everything you want, if you like the floorplan. I think the kitchen and bathrooms are too small though. Anyway, give me a call if you want to go take a look at any of these homes or if you want information on other neighborhoods.

Sandy Kinslow
The Kinslow Team LLC
kinslowteam@aol.com
303 596-4147
Shelley Brya…, Agent, Englewood, CO
Thu Jun 7, 2012
Its a great older neighborhood close to shopping and convenient. Some of the homes are starting to remodel
Julie Montgo…, , 80238
Fri Jan 28, 2011
Highlands 460 has a great location, but many homes are very dated (reason for not feeling as upscale). Prices have fallen significantly in the last few years for this very reason. For more "upscale" check out Homestead Farms. Another great area in Centennial is Willow Creek. If you're looking for "newer," Highlands Ranch is a great choice. Good luck! Julie Montgomery, RE/MAX Masters, Inc., 303-906-3150, http://www.littletonhomesrealty.com
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Sun Aug 15, 2010
This Neighborhood in the Highlands and the Homestead area are great places. Great schools and Great location. Many Buyers are looking and moving there with many homes being updated. It is also close to the new Streets of Southglenn.
I live in the Area and here is a link to area homes.
http://www.kennarealestate.com/idx/search.html?submit=true&a…
Leah Thomas, , Denver, CO
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Hi Michael!

Prices are ranging from about $335,000-650,000 right now. Please email me and I'll send you a list of everything in the neighborhood or whatever your parameters might be. Your price range, # bedrooms, # garages spaces, etc.

Leah Kelley
Leah@re-yourway.com
Bill Donovan, Agent, Centennial, CO
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Yes
I do alot of business there.
What would you like to know?