Can anyone recommend some Denver neighborhoods for me?

Asked by Jamisonhaddon, New Richmond, WI Sat Jun 28, 2014

I'll be moving to Denver from the Twin Cities, and I'm hoping to get some recommendations. I'm open to either a condo or a single family home, preferably with two to three bedrooms, though I can live with just one, and my budget is around $200,000. It is important to me to be in an established neighborhood (read: plenty of mature trees) with historic charm, that is also easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, entertainment, etc. A liberal artsy vibe is a plus. Absolutely NO suburban planned housing developments. I'm looking at Capitol Hill/Cheeseman Park. Any other suggestions?

Answers

3
Carl Larson, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed Jul 23, 2014
There are so many but I would look down south read Baker, Byers, Speer, Platte Park, and then outside Denver proper you should check out old town Englewood just south of Harvard Gulch. I would love to help you find the perfect house, let me know if I can he'll you on your search!
Bluebird Real…, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed Jul 2, 2014
Hi, there---

You are on the right track. A single family home that meets your criteria will be a tough find given your criteria, but there are plenty of condo options in the neighborhoods mentioned already. Also consider neighborhoods like Baker, Berkeley, Park Hill, and Platt Park. A few suburbs have older, traditional type downtown areas that you might find appealing - two to consider are Englewood and Olde Town Arvada.

Best of luck!

Claire Spahr
Keller Williams Advantage Realty
http://www.bluebirddenver.com
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Jul 1, 2014
Hi Jamisonhaddon:

For variety, I would also look at Congress Park, Highlands, Mayfair and Sloan's Lake. These are very different from each other, but are all older areas that have come back or are in the process of seeing a lot of renovation and updating. You also will find some good information at the link below.

Also, you might check out City-Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/Denver-Colorado.html

About halfway down the lengthy City-Data page is a list of links to information about various neighborhoods. You will find a lot of good information here.

Ron Rovtar
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services