Can anyone recommend a good real estate attorney for the Wichita area?

Asked by Nicolette, Utah Sat Aug 23, 2008

As posted previously, my husband and I are trying to get $5000. in earnest money returned. The sellers made changes to the contract which we did not initial. We informed our agent that we were not going to buy the house, however the title company still cashed the check. The broker refuses to return the money, even though we believe he is holding it illegally. We've tried filing a complaint with the D. A . and the Kansas real estate commission, but they have said they can't really do anything because it is a matter for the courts to decide before they step in. So can anyone recommend a good lawyer?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rebecca Hosk…, , Wichita, KS
Sat Aug 23, 2008
Hi Nicolette:
You can contact the Sedgwick County Bar Association for recommendations.
I placed the link for the Kansas Bar Association below. There are several
Real Estate Law Offices in Wichita. You could start with the Adams Jones Law
Firm at 316-265-8591. I hear good things about them. You can also check at
for Real Estate attorneys in the Wichita area.
You may need to go through mediation first (check the language in your contract).
Then you can choose Arbitration where the decision is binding or going to Court.
Since the amount is more than you can claim in Small claims court you'll probably
end up in regular court.
Best of luck to you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more