Can anyone help w what neighborhood/community life is like in Trophy Club?

Asked by Wickedawsum, Grapevine, TX Mon Dec 3, 2012

We have been in Grapevine for 10 years but have found a great home in Trophy Club. I'm having difficulty finding info about what Trophy Club is "all about"! Some say great for families. Others 'only retired golfers'! Help!
We have small children and hope for at least some community:)
Today I even heard 'don't go to Trophy Club'. Anyone?
Thank you!

Answers

16
answer
, ,
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Hi Wickedawsum,

I can't tell you what the community is like but I can tell you that Trophy Club is an area that's eligible for the no money down USDA mortgage.

One of the best things about this mortgage is the monthly mortgage insurance is substantially less than an FHA or conventional mortgage and that's with no money down.

Here's an example:

Let's use this listing:
http://www.trulia.com/property/3015976304-307-McKenzie-Dr-Tr…

An FHA mortgage on this home is going to have a monthly mortgage insurance payment of $299.68 but on a USDA mortgage it's only going to add $98.60 to your monthly payment.

The other nice thing is you can actually roll your closing costs into the loan as long as the appraised value supports it.

Please feel free to contact me for more information or help. You can also find info on my USDA Mortgage website by clicking the link below.

John Burke
Senior Mortgage Banker
Peoples Bank & Trust
(877)228-9069
thanks, John. unfortunately...we don't qualify. I looked into the USDA for Roanoke a few months ago. We are above the salary margins. Instead, we are doing a 203K streamlined loan to update this home ;)
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012
Nick Mullens, Agent, Grapevine, TX
Thu Sep 11, 2014
Trophy Club is a great community and is very friendly, I live and work here and have loved every minute of it!
Chenea Taylor, Agent, Allen, TX
Thu Jan 9, 2014
Are you still looking in Trophy Club? WE started off in Colleyville and actually moved to Trophy Club after looking in Grapevine and Trophy Club for the family community and schools. So glad we did...it was the right decision. The community feel here is like a small town right in the middle of the crazy metroplex area. Would love to help you find the right home here in my neighborhood. We love Trophy Club but have been a part of the Colleyville and Grapevine community for years as they have their own specific character and love them as well. Give me a call!
Chenea Taylor, Agent, Allen, TX
Tue Dec 24, 2013
We have lived in Trophy Club now for 4 years and absolutely love the community. The tight family oriented community is wonderful. Contact me if you have specific questions about neighborhoods, schools, community reach out and community activities. Would love to visit with you!

Chenea Taylor
Halo Group Realty
682-554-5561
cheneataylor@gmail.com
Amy Fish, Agent, Bedford, TX
Mon Nov 11, 2013
I can tell you that community life in Trophy Club is fantastic! It's a wonderful community! You can be as involved as you wish to be with clubs, activities, and all things small town adjacent to large communities. We moved out to Trophy Club for our kids. The schools are amazing! This is a wonderful place to raise kids. The families around spend lots of time with their kids out in the front yards. There are as many kid sports as you want to participate in and very close. Holidays are fun as well. Clean, safe and fun area! Great hometown feel with friendly neighbors. Great place to live!
Ellen Panzera, Home Buyer, Trophy Club, TX
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Great community especially for someone with small children. It is a very friendly and safe area and close to shopping in Southlake and Grapevine. The country club is great if you into golf or tennis.
Trophy Club has plenty of retired people as well. You can now legally drive your golf carts on the street of Trophy Club.
Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013
Yolie Perez, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Sat Aug 17, 2013
A lot of good post on this site regarding Trophy Club.

Trophy Club is a lovely place to live! Come visit and see for yourself :).
Sheila Lacher, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Jul 7, 2013
Wow! Trophy Club has a place for just about everyone. The average age of Trophy Club homeowners is in the 30's, with much to offer families, great community schools, park(s), splash pad, pools, walking trails, friendly people, good community spirit. There is a large group of golfers, as Trophy Club has one of the very best courses in the area. There is a great country club, women's club, scouts,
and pride in the town. Grapevine is a different type of town than Trophy Club, hard to compare because
they are different in many ways. For one thing, Grapevine has been established much longer than Trophy Club. I think you should visit Trophy Club yourself, don't listen to comments from other people!
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
"MEETING YOUR NEEDS AND EXCEEDING YOUR DREAMS!"

I have always enjoyed trophy club myself. Based off of everyone's opinion I can certainly understand your confusion in the matter. Alot will really depend on the area you're inquiring about. Trophy Club has older and new constructions. Some areas might be well developed with households ranging drastically in age from mid 20's up to 60's and 70's. I however note their school systems are right on point and certainly set a higher standard than sistering areas.

Without rambling on to much about the community as a whole I must ask at this time for you to contact me directly either through email/call/text. Does the possible purchase of your next estate depend on the sale of your current address? If so feel free to contact me I would love to setup a time in which I can consult with you and your family and help bring you up to speed on what the market has to offer you.

Real Estate Consultant 3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
Off: 817-635-1028
Fax: 817-299-8491
Email:blissfulestates84@gmail.com
Blog:blissfulestates84.blogspot.com
Trulia:http://www.trulia.com/profile/josephfernandez/
Andrea Trimb…, Agent, Frisco, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2013
I currently live in Southlake, but my Fiance and I are currently looking for homes in Trophy Club. There are many new developments in the Trophy Club area which are near the newly built Byron Nelson High School. The school was established in 2009 and serves the Trophy Club community.

The Trophy Club Country Club is also a great place with a wide range of age groups. There are 5 different high school golf teams that use Trophy Club as their practice facility. The Club also has full country club facilities including a pool and tennis facility.

If you are interested in talking more about the Trophy Club area, please feel free to give me a call anytime (817) 789-5591

Andrea Ghio
JP and Associates Realtors
Andrea@TrimbleRealtyProperties.com
Cell: (817) 789-5591
Raina Gibson, Agent, Katy, TX
Tue Jan 22, 2013
I am a current Trophy Club resident with two children at Lakeview Elementary. Trophy Club has 30 plus year old homes to new construction. There are residents on the more established side that have commented that there are fewer children in their area of the neighborhood. Homes near the elementary schools and the newer construction include many growing families. One of the most frequent comments you will hear from area residents is "Trophy Club is my Mayberry." With just over 8,000 residents our neighborhood provides a great sense of community.

There are two area elementary schools. Lakeview has approximately 450 students and Beck closer to 550. The middle and high school population include students living outside of Trophy Club. The community is a great mix of old time residents, many families moving in from Keller and Lewisville and many recent relocations. In addition, there are many long time residents that have moved within the neighborhood.
Xan, Home Buyer, 76262
Tue Jan 15, 2013
We moved here 6 months ago-very nice area-lots and lots of kids! Community pool and usual after school things-schools are great and getting better-yes there are golfers although the ones I see aren't retired just dads ( and moms) out having fun!
The United H…, Agent, Mansfield, TX
Wed Dec 5, 2012

Please feel free to contact me directly my vast knowledge of the area will exceed your expectations. Thank you

3xUS Army Veteran
Joseph Fernandez
cell: (817)975-7258
off: (817)635-1157
website: http://www.blissful-estates.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Contact my office happy to assist with all your questions. Trophy Club to me is very similiar to Grapevine which are both 2 upscale communities.

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
News Personality On Air Radio Show
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
John Straub, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Tue Dec 4, 2012
Good Evening Wickedawsum
I have sold homes in this area for years and I can tell you that the information you are getting does not paint an accurate picture of Trophy Club. I will attach a link to information below. This area in Southern Denton County has sought to keep a small town feel and has quietly grown to be one of the metroplex's best places to live. The school system is very highly regarded, there are many activities for all ages. I hope you will give Trophy Club another look. Best of luck to you in your search and if you have any questions about this or any other area please feel free to contact me directly.

John Straub
817-729-4281
john@dfwfamilyrealty.com

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info

Information on Zip Code 76262

http://www.dfwfamilyrealty.info/micommunity/zip/76262/
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Tue Dec 4, 2012
I would not think the older part of Trophy Club would be significantly different from Grapevine.
The newer part where new homes are being built probably attracts more families with kids.
Great schools.
Family friendly golf in my opinion and not every course can say that....well they can, but get your 13 year old novice out there at 8am on a Saturday morning in a 3some of doctors and see what happens.
Not sure by what you mean by "community". To me it is what you make it. There are people who are involved in any community who would say it is strong and lively, and others who don't participate say nothing goes on.
I think there is no better way to find out than go participate in some of their events. See if you like the people, talk to them, tell them your concerns, ask questions, etc.
Upcoming Events
Friday, December 7 - Roundabout Dedication & Christmas Tree Lighting
Saturday, December 8 - Christmas Celebration at the Clock Tower
Monday, December 17 - TC Holiday Lights Contest - Judging Day
You can compare areas very generally with this tool:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/micompare/zip/76262/co…

You can search homes in Trophy Club at this link:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/community/area/Trophy+Club/
thanks, great info! we have a home in option and it is in an older area..80's-90's homes, but around the corner from Hogans Glen, which I assume is the new big deal..since its still being advertised. ;)
Flag Tue Dec 4, 2012