Can anyone familiar with Parkway Village in Kew Gardens Hills tell me about its pet policy? For example,is

Asked by Ming & Chris, Sun Apr 27, 2008

there any breed restriction, weight limit, # of pets allowed, or height limit. Also, can someone please shed some light on the reason why the maint. charge for Parkway Village is much higher in comparison to that of other developments in the area?
Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Answers

3
C Tann-Starr’s answer
C Tann-Starr, , 11354
Tue Jun 3, 2008
Hello Ming & Chris,

I will be holding an open house at Parkway Village on Saturday 6/7/08 between 11-12:30. The address is15038 Village Road #98GB Jamaica NY 11432. Use Mapquest.com for directions. Park on the north side of the Grand Central Parkway service road between Parsons Blvd and Main street. We will have directional signs with balloons up. If you email me I will be more than happy to forward the listing information to you. (ML#2084091) Enjoy your day.

Regards, C.
Web Reference:  http://www.TannStarr.com
C Tann-Starr, , 11354
Thu May 22, 2008
Hello Ming & Chris,

I live walking distance from Parkway Village and it is a lovely, well maintained complex. I've seen every sized dog imaginable, so pets are allowed and there does not appear to be a "height limit." I have a few friends who live there and know of listed and For Sale By Owners available if you would like to take a look.

There are approximately 109 buildings comprising 564 owner occupied units, 35 investor sublets, 76 unsold shares for a total of 675 apartments. The complex was constructed in 1946 and converted in 1983. There are 475 private street parking spaces: $15 for one car tag, $35 for two (have to park off complex for the third car, owners only get two spots). You can get in for 10% down 90% financing and there is no Flip Tax. To afford a unit your household income would have to be approximately $60,000 and above.

A two bedroom garden apartment for $225,000 (average appraisal $250K) at 10% down would run somewhere in the nature of $1050 for maintenance and $1100 - $1200 for mortgage. The Maintenance fee includes fuel, landscaping (lots of lovely open spaces) a portion of the $16,359,609 mortgage (at 8%), etc. There are a few non-refundable application related fees you would need to be aware of: $800 for the application fee and then $350 to processing with an additional $100 for the credit report and income verification. They do also have a $500 move in deposit, which is refundable.

My friends love living over there. You should visit and see for yourself if you think the area may be worth your while. I'd be more than happy to show you around my neck of the woods. I hope the information given is somewhat useful for you. Enjoy your day.

Regards, C.
Adrian Manza…, , 11372
Thu May 8, 2008
Its one of the more exclusive Coop complexes. But I agree the maintence is way too high. But in a way it limits the type of people than afford to live there. There are currently 27 on the market, some very motivated seller...