Can anyone comment on how much helicopter noise there is in Orient? I know they've updated the flight rules, but curious what locals think...

Asked by Adam Irving, 07302 Thu Jul 19, 2012

Answers

2
David Pugh, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Aug 5, 2013
Basically none. I've been going for 12 years and own a house near the point and it's extremely quiet.
dconstant, Home Owner, Orient, NY
Thu Apr 11, 2013
Just stumbled on this site. We have lived here in Orient Village for 35 years. Our children attended Oysterponds School and Greenport Jr/Sr High School. We love living here and cannot imagine living anywhere else. But...your question was about helicopter noise wasn't it? Over the past few years it has become an annoying ritual on Friday afternoons and Sunday evenings. I would rather the route be over the Ocean and annoy our neighbors in Georgica, Sagaponack, and Wainscott.
35 years ago there were no casinos in Connecticut and no helicopters......it was much more tranquil.

Answered by Doug Constant