Can an offer still be made NOW on a house that is going to auction next month?

Asked by Kimberly Boese, Atlanta, GA Tue Apr 22, 2014

Answers

3
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Tue Apr 22, 2014
Is the home on the market for sale?

If it is you can certainly make an offer on it.

Where's your buyer agent?
*house*
Flag Tue Apr 22, 2014
Thanks Mr. Wolfson =] The has was listed at 90k with a history of market value up to 126k. We planned to offer 87.5k (pending pre-qual) but now I don't know what to offer. I contacted my agent yesterday and she said she would call back today with more info. Yet I do appreciate a your advice! Is the bank desparate to sell thru auction because of no offers or are BIDs coming in too low and they are holding out for the full listing price OR higher??? The house has been vacant since last MAY. Thanks so much!
Flag Tue Apr 22, 2014
Yes. I contacted her yesterday and she is going to call me today but I cannot sleep because I have so many questions and don't want to lose this house. We are in pre-qual phase. Thank you for at least that bit of info, that is encouraging to know.
Flag Tue Apr 22, 2014
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Apr 22, 2014
It depends where it is listed as an auction. Which company and which web site. Usually they indicate when the bid period is open and when it closes. Contact a local Realtor and ask them to assist you.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Tue Apr 22, 2014
Sure. Often the bank will delay the auction if they have a legitimate offer on the table. Make sure you are working with a real estate agent that knows how to handle short sales. And, if you use an attorney, then make sure he also understands all that is involved. Follow their advice. They're the experts.