Asked by lalore, 48317 • Tue Sep 4, 2012
We have been in negotiations to purchase a home for about a month. Here' some background:
- The sellers, have been slow to respond to each offer/counteroffer and have repeatedly tried to get us to increase our offer price by not responding to our counters until after other scheduled showings (annoying, but fine).
- They have already allowed our offer to expire once to wait out weekend showings & the following Monday came back to us.
- We countered same-day (Monday)
- They countered on Thursday and we accepted on Friday. Our realtor accepted their offer over the phone as well as via email and we signed the PA that day.
- The sellers' realtor was on vacation & did not send the PA to the sellers to sign. On Saturday, they got another offer on the house.
- They are now telling us that they can consider this offer & will continue to take other offers (if we do not increase ours), since they've not signed the PA yet.
Can they do this? It is now Tuesday & we have not received a signed PA.
Popular Categories in Michigan
Email me when…
Success! Your email alert settings have been saved. Access all your email alerts in your My Trulia account anytime!