Can a realtor not send an offer to the seller, if they think it won't pass the FHA inspection?

Asked by Hunter1w, Hastings, MN Wed Apr 6, 2011

Answers

7
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Apr 6, 2011
Hunter,
Agents are not inspectors and Inspectors are not agents. I've attended loads of inspections, but I learn something new every time I do a new one. While I'm not an inspector, if I see a home clearly needs a roof and advise my client of the fact, it is generally worth considering this fact in our offer strategy. If a home won't pass FHA inspection for some obvious fact, the question becomes what do we expect to happen?
Can the seller be made to correct the issue? Can we obtain other financing? What about a 203K rehab loan? If we don't have a plan B, C or D than what are we doing?
Discuss your thoughts with the agent and listen to what they have to say. Good agents learn from their clients, but also have lots of good experience to share. Together Each Accomplishes More, T.E.A.M.
Team up and see what you can accomplish.
Rick Creel, Agent, Glenville, NC
Mon May 25, 2015
In NC, all offers must be presented to the buyer, regardless if the seller said they would not take certain offers or not. http://www.highlandscashiersproperties.com
Jeff Walters, Agent, Excelsior, MN
Wed Aug 20, 2014
The listing agent must submit all offers to their clients!
Donald James, Agent, Edina, MN
Thu Apr 7, 2011
Dear Hunter,
In a word, NO! All offers must be submitted as soon as possible. It is up to the seller to determine whether they want to accept the offer.

If your realtor does not know if a house will pass FHA inspection or not you need to change Realtors. While Realtors are not inspectors you want someone on your team who is very familiar with the market, finance, inspection, etc.

As an experienced Realtor I work with a team that includes lenders and inspectors. We will preview the home together to ensure successful and quick completion of the sale.

Donald James
Weichert Advantage
651.253.7117
Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Wed Apr 6, 2011
If the seller has requested the agent to screen or not accept FHA offers, this can be the case. With that being said I've sold a few homes in MN where I thought there was no chance at passing FHA inspection and they did. Sometimes things are overlooked in inspections.
Kenneth Verb…, Agent, PRINCETON, NJ
Wed Apr 6, 2011
written offers must be submitted (even oral offers ethically should be made known though little weight likely given) This has nothing to do with inspection.
Aaron Dickin…, Agent, Champlin, MN
Wed Apr 6, 2011
All offers must be submitted to the seller in a timely manner unless the seller has specifically stated that certain types of offers will be refused and the agent should not submit them.

If the agent has concerns about ti passing FHA guidelines I would be concerned about it too. FHA 203(k) is a different story though.
Web Reference:  http://www.MNseller.com