Can a person rent out a room if the have a manufactured home?

Asked by iclaudia, Seal Beach, CA Mon Nov 19, 2012

Answers

4
Barbara Holb…, Agent, San Clemente, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Do you own the home? If so, yes. If renting, it will depend on your rental/lease agreement if you can sub- lease.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
I think we need a iitlle more info before we rush to judgement and start recommending that a person retain an attorney. Is the manufactured home in question in a manufactured home rent/lease park/community?

If so you will need to thoroughly peruse the rules and regulations that you signed or will be signing. There are in fact many if not most MH park/communities that have stipulations about renting out rooms. These are largely due to parking parameters. Many if not most MH rent/lease park/communities do not allow sub leasing or renting rooms for a variety of reasons.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Nov 20, 2012
The fact that it's a manufactured home is irrelevant. Assuming the town /city you live in has no restrictions/requirements on renting out a rooms; you are free to do as you please with your home.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Tue Nov 20, 2012
I doubt the fact that the home is manufactured would have any impact whatsoever on the owners' legal right to rent out a room. If you want to be sure, ask an attorney.