Can a canadian buy property in Us What are the odds?

Asked by Mukhtar Siddiqui, White Settlement, TX Tue Jan 3, 2012

Answers

12
Vanessa Leno…, Agent, Carmel, IN
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Yes sir call me and we can help you.

Vanessa Manning
ZipRealty
817.966.0329 cell
800.225.5947 x5720
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Tue Apr 10, 2012
Yes, a Canadian or any other foreigner can buy a house in the USA. There are no restrictions for foreigners. Refer to http://www.BuyHomeInUS.com, it has a lot of information for foreigners wanting to buy a home in USA.
Web Reference:  http://www.BuyHomeInUS.com
T.E. & Naima…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sun Jan 15, 2012
If you're resident with a work permit, it is fairly straightforward to get a loan, providing your income, assets, debts and other factors are acceptable. I know of one lender here who does such loans.

Of course, in the US with cash you can always buy. There is no "approval" process.
(The Patriot Act does provide for vetting the provenance of funds to purchase to prevent use of ill-gotten money, such as drugs etc.)
Web Reference:  http://www.Sumner-Realty.com
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Dear Mukhtar,

Anyone with the cash can buy a house in the U.S.

Selling the property is another question, as the IRS rules come into play when you sell a property. There may be tax consequences on any gain involved.

But you can buy any house you want. You don't even have to have a Social Security number to buy a house with cash. ---But if you need to get a loan, THAT is another question!

To get a loan in order to purchase a property with it, you will need to be approved by the lender. Each Bank may set it's own rules for making loans. You might find one in Houston that will do it without having a Social Security number, but most lenders will require that. And then the name on your driver's license has to match the name on your Social Security card.

So, ~which will it be? Cash, or a loan?

Contact me for a further consultation. It's free. And I will help you purchase whichever house you wish to buy.
We can inspect the property before you are commited to buy it, and I will help you present an offer to the Seller. I will negotiate for you to get the best deal. I will "represent" you as the Buyer in the transaction. My commission is paid by the seller's broker, so no money out of your pocket!

Hope your New Year brings you a new home for your family! ~Call me!

Rick DeVoss

---the Michael Group

817-300-6121

email: WholeLife@Yahoo.com

========================
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Jan 3, 2012
As Roland pointed out, there are actually fewer restriction for foreigners buying USA real estate than there are for citizens. You should seek advise on any tax issues you may encounter when you eventually sell. These issues are minor and easily resolved.

Best of success if finding your new home.
Abu Musa, Agent, New York, NY
Tue Jan 3, 2012
You can buy property in USA.If you need mortgage you need to talk to a mortgage banker.
Cynthia Davis, Agent, Weatherford, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Of course they can. I am short sales and foreclosure certified. Call me ! 817-565-8765cell http://www.parkerdavisrealestate.net
Debbie Scri…, Agent, Weatherford, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Anyone can buy in the US as far as I know. There have been scams going on claiming to be Canadian and Japanese buyers. These incidents have prompted agents and title companies to be hyper vigilant in the exchange of the money. Therefore, do not be surprised if there are some extra hoops to jump through in order to accomplish your goals. Having money in an US. bank would be a good start. Always keep the paper trail on transfer of funds from bank to bank and country to country etc.
Web Reference:  http://debbiescrimshire.com
John Reaves, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Mukhtar,

Yes anyone can buy property in The United States. Are you looking in the West Fort Worth/White Settlement area? I would be happy to help you find something.

Thank You,
John Reaves
817-789-5542 (cell)
817-920-7700 (office)
Mindy Lowry, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Anyone can buy a home in the United States, but every buyer has to be approved. I would recommend talking to a loan officer. I have referred people to Marc Portugal with Supreme Lending for 10 years. He is great and can answer any questions about the buying process. His number is 817-975-3496. If you have questions about buying a home just give me a call. I have been selling homes in this area for over 12 years now.

Thanks again,

Mindy Lowry RE/MAX Heritage
682-559-1246 cell
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Tue Jan 3, 2012
We have virtually no restrictions on non-citizens buying in the US.
Getting a loan is another issue.
You may need employment, good credit score, proof of income, proof of legal residency, etc.
If you want to buy cash, it's really not an issue.

Because each situation is unique it is best to allow us to get you in touch with a loan officer and see what they can do for you.
Roland Vinya…, Agent, Sprakers, NY
Tue Jan 3, 2012
Yes, foreigners (Canadians are not very foreign, except by definition!) can buy US property. For homes, there are fewer restrictions. There are more for commercial properties and farms, for that you may need some assistance. Your consul can tell you details.