Can a buyer change her buyer's agent anytime if he is not happy with the agent's services? Is there any?

Asked by Amanda, Los Angeles, CA Mon May 4, 2009

paperwork which needs to be signed or accomplished?

Answers

4
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Mon May 4, 2009
Hi Amanda,
I always tell my clients that if I am not the best Agent they have ever worked with..they can fire me! Even with a contract in place (which I always use) the arrangement should benefit both parties.

Best of Luck to you
Dyanna, , California
Mon May 4, 2009
Jesse is correct in his answer. If you looked at homes with one agent you can't change agents and ask another to submit an offer on those homes.

Dyanna
Tova Sarir, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Mon May 4, 2009
Hi Amanda,
Yes You can switch buyer's agent. If you signed a buyer- broker agreement you can ask the agent/broker to be released from it. You then want to keep a copy of it along with the buyer - broker agreement. If you did not sign a buyer broker agreement you can switch agents without a release form. If you put an offer on a property with your agent you are not happy with, you can not put in another offer on the same property with another agent.

Tova Sarir
Keller Williams Realty Beverly Hills
homes@tovasarir.com
310-497-1930
Web Reference:  http://www.tovasarir.com
Jesse Madison, Agent, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Mon May 4, 2009
You may switch buyers agents as long as there is no buyer broker agreement signed. The listings the first broker showed you would be off limits to the new broker as the first broker was the procuring cause to a potential sale of any property shown to you by the first broker.