Can I sue my real estate agent for causing my wining/accepted offer to be cancelled?

Asked by Blair, Smyrna, GA Sun Sep 16, 2012

He filled the wrong documents, he said.

Answers

6
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Dec 7, 2012
You can sue anyone you want but other than guaranteeing an attorney gets paid there's no guarantees you'll prevail and I'd check with a local attorney rather than ask this question on the Internet.

There's a lot of missing information for anyone here on Trulia to give you a much better answer than this, and there's at least two sides to every story. The majority of smart/active agents do maintain Errors and Omission insurance.

You might also want to contact the Georgia Real Estate Commission and ask them the question, trust me they'll take it very seriously.
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Why not just move on, find a professional to work with and purchase a property if that's what you want?
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Mon Sep 17, 2012
Perhaps.. but why? You might be able to take to small claims but if you decide to sue.. you should know that it will probably cost more than you gain.
Bill Parker,…, , Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Sep 16, 2012
Hi Bakilane:

Just in case you want to hear from a non-real estate agent, each of the two answers below is correct:

No one here can really answer your question, other than to tell you anyone can sue anyone. The real question is: do you have a case that will convince the arbitrator/judge/jury you are correct? The next question is what monetary damages have you suffered? The next question is whether the amount you MIGHT be awarded, if you are correct and the amount of your loss is determinable, is worth the hassle of spending months in the legal system?

Take care.

Bill Parker
602-565-3646
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Sun Sep 16, 2012
You might be able to sue almost anyone for anything, an attorney is the one that should answer the real question: Do you you have a case?

Find an attorney that works in the real estate field and spend some money if you want the real answer.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Sep 16, 2012
any legal questions really need to be directed to an attorney...

NO one, and I repeat NO ONE, here can or should even attempt to answer your question