Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Philly Seller, Home Seller in Philadelphia, PA

Can I sell a home while going through an ejectment?

Asked by Philly Seller, Philadelphia, PA Sun Dec 29, 2013

I have to eject a person from a property. Is it possible to sell it before going through the whole process? If I sell it to investors for a good price who deal with the person. I have the deed and there are no liens on the property.

Answers

2
Hi Seller,

Yes, you can certainly sell the property with an uncooperative tenant or former owner still occupying the home. Hopefully this isn't a property you bought at a tax foreclosure sale. They can be tricky as the previous owner may be able to reclaim the house within 365 days of tax sale date.

Keep in mind that a homebuyer or investor is going to offer a steeply discounted price for taking deed/title under those circumstance. Even if it is in decent condition now, the occupant may get angry about the ejection and strip or vandalize the property before leaving or being evicted by the Sheriff.

At least you state there are no liens, so even if considered, in the worst case scenario, a shell, it should still hold some value similar to recent comparable distressed sales.

I may have some investors that may be interested. Please call me to discuss your situation.
I'd be happy to offer my professional advice and assistance. Looking forward to speaking with you soon. Have a Happy Healthy & Prosperous New Year!

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL/Text: (267) 255-9640

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 29, 2013
It is possible, most investors will still want to get inside though. Because of the eviction, the price will be lower and even lower if no one can see inside.