Can I qualify for FHA -- Non-Occupant Co-Borrowers?

Asked by Agent, 10256 Wed Aug 19, 2009

I am 19 I just got a job 6 months ago making 40k a year up from my previous job only working summers making 10k.

I have basically no credit history just loans against my CD and a credit card established within the last 3-6 months that are all paid off within a month.

My parents with excellent credit history will co-sign for me

Answers

3
Muriel Levin, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Thu Aug 20, 2009
Hi Corey, You wanted to be good and did the same thing my son who is 20, did. He paid all his credit card bills in full and on time. On time is great. In full does not give you credit history. It seems crazy but that's how it is. He realized that when he went to lease a car and was refused because of his credit. If you need a loan to buy a house let me know and I will send you a quick 2 minute loan application via email. Tony is the loan specialist on my team and he'll answer your questions. He is top!
Email to muriellevin@coldwellbanker.com
Muriel Levin
Agent Immobilier a Los Angeles, Californie
Real Estate consultant Hancock Park
REO Specialist
Certified Negotiator
Estate Specialist
Web Reference:  http://www.muriellevin.com
Dyanna, , California
Wed Aug 19, 2009
Hello Corey. I have been following your questions and comments and know you are really interested in purchasing a home. First, if you are paying off the balance at the end of the month how do you expect to get credit history? What you need to do is pay the minimum for 3 months and then pay it off, that way you are showing credit history. It shows you are responsible enough to make the required payments on time, this is where credit history comes from. Secondly, do you have insurance, car insurance? Do you have a cell phone bill? These are the kinds of alternative credit that lenders might be able to use due to the non-existent credit score.

There are a few other ways to get approved, but too long and complicated to list here. If you would like please send me an e-mail to dyannaavila@hotmail.com or call me to 323-359-7992.

Good Luck,
Dyanna
M.D.J, , Los Angeles, CA
Wed Aug 19, 2009
Yes, you can have non-occupant co-borrowers on an FHA loan to help you qualify.

Any FHA financing questions, let me know.