Can I negotiate with Ryan Home in purchasing a new construction-Fairfield, Elkridge?

Asked by Home Buyer, Elkridge, MD Tue Mar 31, 2009

The property is Ryan Home Fairfield in Elkridge.

The base price is around $251,900 but with options the price is now at $287,300. We tried to negotiate the price but the sales representative from Ryan home says there is no negotiation with Ryan Homes since the price they are offering is very low. This is my first time buying a home so I don't know how this works, but should I still try to negotiate? She also told me that they don't work with real estate agent but should I still bring one?

I maybe asking some basic questions but as a first time home buyer, I need your help! thanks!

Answers

4
Cindy, Home Buyer, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
Sun Aug 16, 2009
what did you ever decide to do?

they are suppose to have the price for a real estate agent built into the cost of the home. that is what somebody on trulia said. i asked a ryan home seller and she said yes that is true.

she also told me the same as you................there is no room for negotiations.
Home Buyer, Home Buyer, Elkridge, MD
Wed Apr 1, 2009
Thanks for all the responses!! I agree with all of you that it's very hard not to have my own agent to negotiate or represent on behalf of me. I think we are going to take a little bit of more time before we go back and try to negotiate one last time. If not, I think we will have to look for other houses with better price. However, is $280,00 reasonable with 3 bd, 2.5 bath, 2100sq ft in Elkridge area? Again, thanks!
Kim Mills, Agent, Crofton, MD
Tue Mar 31, 2009
Most agents won't be able to answer your questions because Ryan does not pay a Realtor's commission, so therefore we don't typically sell them except on the resale market. You can offer to pay a buyers agent but it will cost you. The sales rep. works for the builder and that is whose interest they represent. Have you looked at all of your options? Right now there are a lot of resale homes that are great opportunities. I tell all of my clients if something does not start out good, it usually only gets worse. So if you already have a bad feeling, it will probably get worse as things progress. So I guess you need to weigh it all out and see if it really is a good deal for you. If so, then proceed and do the best you can dealing with them. If not, then find an agent that you feel comfortable with and look at all of your options. Feel free to post again, or you can call me if you have any questions.
Kim
Web Reference:  http://www.kimandrenie.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Tue Mar 31, 2009
RULE OF THUMB:
Never purchase direct from following: bank, builder, for sale by owner, listing agent, seller
UNLESS you have your own buyers agent represents you.

We answer soooooo many calls, emails weekly where buyers "I thought I could" now sued , lost earnest money and etc. too late for a realtor or attorney become involved.

All builders work with agents... they love our business we bring !

Lynn911
~ National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Lecturer regarding Credit Repair, Mortgage Loan Officer
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com