Home Buying in Panorama City>Question Details

Maru, Home Buyer in 91402

Can I make an offer directly with the sellers agent?

Asked by Maru, 91402 Sat Oct 10, 2009

With all the sources online, I can find properties and check them on my own. Do I still need an agent to represent me? Can't I not make an offer directly with the sellers agent?

Making an offer on a property through the listing agent is something that is commonly done, however, it may be advisable for all individuals involved in a real estate transaction to have their own personal representation and avoid the doubt of any conflict of interest.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
Rule of thumb you need your own agent

Never purchase a home direct from bank, builder, FSBO, listing agent

Would you have opposing attorney represent you in case NO so why use a listing agent who represent seller, HOWEVER in some instances it can work

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
1.- Yes.
2.- On your own, yes, but you won't know the detais fo the properties, such as Short Sales, Foreclosures, Estate Sales, issues know by Listing agent shared with other agents. You could be in a knowlendge disadvantage.
3.- Yo do not need an agent to represent you, you can work with every listing agent that represent a property you like. Every Realtor is going, or should ask, you for a Pre-approval letter with details on financing.
3.- I don't undesrtand the last question (double neg can't not).

Buying Real Estate is more than windows and doors. Property taxes, housing codes, city codes, assesments.

I think that you could interview a lot of agents, that are listing agents of a property you like, but soones or later, you will hire one to work with you as a buyer.

Best and Buy!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
Sure you can. You'd be very unwise to, but of course you can make your offer directly to the seller's agent.

Why would you want to, though? The commission is being paid by the seller. It won't cost you a penny more to have someone representing you. And it won't save the seller any money, either.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Hi Maru,

Of course you can but be sure to understand the legally of the agent with
out agent and with agent. But my recommendation to you is get your own agent
to represent you as selling agent it is better that way than go to sellers agent.
I do not want to represent both seller and buyers, agent are always on the sellers
side always, even though they will tell you that both sellers and buyers represented.
The selling agent will discuss with you more detailed like inspection, etc. if you have agent an by yourself.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 10, 2009