Can I have two realtors helping me buy a home and which ever realtor closes the deal gets the commission?

Asked by Gabriela Magana, Tracy, CA Fri Jun 13, 2008

My loan will expire soon and it's hard to get in contact with my current realtor. I don't have a lot of time left before my loan expires. I don't want to fire my current realtor as he is my husbands auncle.

Answers

6
CJ Brasiel, Agent, San Jose, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Gabriela,

I would get a hold of the Uncle-in-law (maybe your husband can) and say, "time is of essence". If he can't help you find a house within your loan time limit, let him know you need to find an agent that can. With this kind of situation, only the unscrupulous agent would be willing to work for you, while you have another agent, in hopes of locking in a commission.

Procuring clause defines which agent gets the commission based on what they do. But this decision is up to the broker involved to pursue. Normally an agent will get a buyer's agreement/contact that lays out the working relationship. This may not have been done since he was a relative. I would simply talk with him and let him know that you need to get a move on, with or without him.

CJ
Web Reference:  http://www.TalkToCJ.com
Dave Werth, , 58102
Tue Jun 24, 2008
You should go with one agent as your Realtor. Is your husbands uncle a good agent? Maybe he is not the right fit for you or is he? Working with friends and family for me is very hard because I want to make sure they get the 100% satisfaction they need while working with me as my clients. You should have no problem getting in contact with your current realtor, which I don't understand. Email, Text Messaging, Cell Phones, and if he is a good agent, he should be on top of your needs as his fidiciary duties. If you have to fire him, you do it and move on because it is your money! Your realtor needs to keep in constant contact with you as that is amazing you can't get a hold of them, and if that is the case, I would suggest moving onto another agent that is willing to work for you. Seek out an ABR or EPRO agent and you will find the hard work ethics you need in finding the answers and getting what you deserve!

Good Luck
Eric Bryant, , Long Beach, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
The answer to your question is NO! two Realtors is wrong. Your gonna have to "Bite the Bullet" and fire the Uncle. It's hard, but most things in life that are right, are hard! :) Best of Luck! The Coach
Web Reference:  http://askPCR.com
Franklin Far…, , West Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Gabriela, its best to work with one realtor.

It is less confusing than working with two. Besides each has access to the same information through the MLS.

Working with family is always difficult. Is this relative a full-time professional? You might want to explain your delelma (sp) to him and your desire to work with someone more responsive to your needs.

You can always get your loan committment extended. Just be aware of the interest rate change if there is one.

George Kinin…, , Stockton, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
You can get your loan extended unless there is something that has happened while searching for a home that will create a problem for you. It sounds as if you're still looking for a home so I don't think you've locked in a rate so I'm not sure what that problem is?

It always seems to complicate things when we do business with family. If he's hard to get ahold of then what good is he to you. You need someone reliable, not to mention, professional.

In my opinion, you should dump the uncle and find someone who is professional and that has your best interests at heart. That is what a true realtor is and they are out there.
Michael Barr…, Agent, Irvine, CA
Fri Jun 13, 2008
Hi there Gabriela, It is always in a byers iunterest to have one agent working for them 100% ., I would suggest you inquire about a uBoker agreement. This way you can hold the broker acountable.
You also get a lot more benefit's from using this. You need to work with arealtor who you get along well with and who is responsive to your needs.

Hope this helps
Kind Regards
Michael Barron
First Team Real Estate