Can I get unbiased data on the quality of homes at Saddlebrook in Sparta, Tn?

Asked by Jimcoleman7, Sparta, TN Tue Jun 19, 2012

Answers

5
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Sat Jun 23, 2012
Unbiased from whom?? The owners . . . the builders?!? Go to the link I'm providing. They do not work in the Sparta, TN area, but will know a great buyer's agent to help you and protect your interests.
Web Reference:  http://tennhouses.com/
By unbiased, I met someone who currently owns a home at Saddlebrook River Estates or someone who has visited this 55 plus community. My wife and I are retired and looking for a small town community with low-cost of living. Any suggestions regarding real estate in any small town with low cost of living would certainly be appreciated. Thanks.
Flag Sun Jun 24, 2012
Thanks Carla, and unfortunately, the story is probably not as rare as you think. If they would have called me, or any other reputable buyers agent, they would have saved themselves a long drive, or found a community that's more like what they wanted. That's what we do, and it costs the buyers nothing.
Flag Sat Jun 23, 2012
Jane Wright, Agent, Cookeville, TN
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Speaking from a Realtor's point of view, my concern would be if, and when, you want to sell, do you think your home will be more valuable than when you purchased it. My experience for 24 years has been, it is much more difficult to sell a manufactured home than to buy one new. The values seem to depreciate instead of appreciate.
I would recommend checking out the homes available for sale in the area before committing to purchasing a manufactured home. It might surprise you by the time you spend for all of the upgrades to a manufactured home versus a stick frame home built on site. For future value, you should really do your homework before investing your money in any home.
Frank13640, Home Buyer, Sparta, TN
Fri Jul 26, 2013
http://www.hortonhomes.com. Ask any of the residents living there. Go see for yourself. It is a free trip.
Frank13640, Home Buyer, Sparta, TN
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Manufactured homes by Horton. Upgrade to 2x6 and heavier insulation. Dual pan windows are also and upgrade. Total about $2400.
Susan, , Florida
Sat Jun 23, 2012
My husband & I drove up to see Saddlebrook after reading the glowing descriptions and talking to the salesman. Sounded like just what we were looking for - a place to buy now and retire to when ready. They offered us the 2-night stay. Before checking into the motel we drove up to the site on our own and were shocked to see....NOTHING, but a few homes (models?), a metal building with a sign on it (Clubhouse). Not a tree, no view (except of the major highway), only road was the road leading into the place. We turned around and drove back to Fla. Maybe there will be a community there in several years, but as of now (June 2012) it would be frightening to invest in.