Can I get financing with an IRS Tax Lien?

Asked by cynsuous, Atlanta, GA Thu Mar 7, 2013

I currently have a tax lien from the IRS and am working with them now on it. I am waiting to hear back from them on a payment plan. The question is can I get financing during this stage?

Answers

7
laurasam555, Home Buyer, Atlanta, GA
Mon Aug 19, 2013
Am Mrs Laura, i got my loan of $30,000 from a loan lender called Mr Sam Cole. So if you are in need of a loan to buy a home, i will advise you to contact Mr Sam Cole on his email address; samcoleloancompany@yahoo.com
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Sun Aug 18, 2013
Anyone with an outstanding IRS/Federal or State Tax Lien is going to be limited in their ability to purchase a home with a mortgage. This is because all liens such as these impact the lender’s position in title to the property.

Only if you have entered into a repayment plan, typically a minimum of 6 months of payments made, and have approval from the appropriate agency, can you still have an outstanding tax lien at the time of closing. The same would be true for a judgment.

The lien must either be paid in full or the agency has to have agreed to subordinate it.

Working with a knowledgeable and seasoned loan officer is critical in today's market. Getting Pre-Qualified is the only way for you to find out your options. To get Pre-Qualified for your purchase, you can submit your request online at http://www.rodneymason.com.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia with over a decade of mortgage lending experience.

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203(k) Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing.
John W. Chang…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Mar 8, 2013
Your best bet would be to speak with a mortgage lending company and ask how IRS liens can affect home financing.
Laquita Baez, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Fri Mar 8, 2013
An experienced mortgage lender can answer this question best.....

Laquita Baez
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
770.901.0956
http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
James Tola, Agent, Decatur, GA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
Every lender has different underwriting guidelines and as others have recommended, I too would sit down with a loan officer and go over your notes, notices and any other documentation you have. At the very least the loan officer can give you an idea of how best to position yourself going forward as you address your tax lien to boost your score in the shortest amount of time.

Repairing your credit has many twists and turns and working with a loan officer is the best way to navigate. I too have a phenomenal loan officer I recommend. Let me know if I can put you two together.

James Tola
Regina Ambro…, Agent, Lawrenceville, GA
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I would recommend that you call a mortgage company to help you with the question.
Mimi Crescen…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Mar 7, 2013
I have a great person you could work with on this. Please email me and I will get you connected.