Can I get approved for a loan?

Asked by Terry Dillard, Richland Hills, Waco, TX Sun Feb 9, 2014

I had a bankruptcy in 2009. I grossed $78,000 this year. over 110,000 with wife. Both of our credit scores average 645. with some higher and some lower.
We are looking for a home between 60,000 and 70,000 in Haltom city, Richland hills or Watauga area, Have $5,000.00 to work with on down but not much for closing,
Anyone out there that can work with this?

Answers

7
Linda Fisher, Agent, Humble, TX
Mon Feb 10, 2014
I am sure you can get a loan , It could take some time and may have to go through credit restoration

but the positive out ways the negative ,

Find good lender who will help you get through the loan process .

also find a good real Estate agent to help you find the home of your dreams.

Good Luck and God Bless

Lnda
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Terry,

I would suggest talking to a lender and see what options are available for you. Let me know if you need an name or two.

Susie Kay, RealtorĀ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Kimberly Kel…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Try your bank or a preferred lender. They will be able to direct you in the right direction and they will be able to give the right advice.
Jim.purner, Home Buyer, Fort Worth, TX
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Hi Terry,
I work for Mutual of Omaha Bank in fort Worth. Based on the information you provided we should be able to assist you in getting qualified for a loan. Feel free to contact me to help you thru the process.

Jim Purner I Senior Loan Officer I Residential Mortgage I Mutual of Omaha Bank
Direct 817-210-3531I Mobile 817-343-0937 I Facsimile 817-731-3471
NMLS # 187183 I 6300 Ridglea Place #200 I Fort Worth, TX 76116
Rick DeVoss, Agent, Ft Worth, TX
Mon Feb 10, 2014
Terry ---

You are looking for a place in my back yard! ...I live in Watauga, and have been selling homes in the Birdville ISD for 34 years. ...Perhaps this makes me the most experienced Agent in the area who is willing to help you. ...I have considerable experience in working with first-time homebuyers, and in setting up a "non-conventional loan" situation in a real estate contract. ...You may wish to interview me to see if I have the skills you are looking for. Why don't we schedule an appointment for a consultation to get to know each other better? ...Tell me when you are off work, and available for an appointment. ~I have evenings and weekend afternoons open. ...I've sold many houses to people who had $5,000 saved up. Your income level, however, indicates that maybe you can do more than that. ...We need to talk. ~~Remind me to tell you how I can save you money on your electric bills. ~~ ...Best regards, ...Rick DeVoss... ...ULTRA Real Estate Services... ...817-300-6121... ...WholeLife@Yahoo.com... ===
Kerri Rehmey…, Agent, Fort Worth, TX
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Hi Terry,

Yes, you should be able to qualify for a loan. You can get an FHA loan with a 640 or above credit score, and if you are a veteran, you can get a VA loan with a credit score as low as 620. FHA requires 3.5% down, whereas a VA loan requires nothing down. With a home price of $60,000 - $70,000, $5,000 to go toward down payment and closing costs should be sufficient. With both FHA and VA loans, the seller can also agree to pay some of your closing costs. Give me a call, I would love to assist you in your home search and get you in touch with a lender I work with on a regular basis to go ahead and get you pre-qualified for a loan. You can reach me at 817.757.5116. I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best!

Kerri Rehmeyer, RealtorĀ®
kerri@alexanderchandler.com
Mobile 817.757.5116

Member of:
Preferred Real Estate Professionals with the Veteran Land Board
Greater Fort Worth Association of Realtors
Texas Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors

Alexander Chandler Realty
6336 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76116
Office 817.806.4100
Fax 817.806.4110

http://www.AlexanderChandler.com
Linda Fisher, Agent, Humble, TX
Sun Feb 9, 2014
It looks good to me , but I am not a lender, You should find a good lender and a very good Real Estate agent ,

They will help guide you through he loan process

Linda