Can I find a home in Manassas with stucco construction?We want something like we have in CA

Asked by Gena Riede, Elk Grove, CA Sat May 19, 2007

Answers

4
Lenn Harley, , Maryland and Northern Virginia
Sat May 19, 2007
Stucco homes are available from some luxury builders, but it is a high maintenance material in this area with wide temperature fluctuations. The manufactured stucco like material, Drivit, is not recommended in this area because of moisture penetration and wood rot.
The most popular building materials here are wood frame and siding or brick exterior.
Popular accent materials are brick and stone.
Melissa T, , Lexington (and Northern VA)
Thu Feb 21, 2008
One place to look is Sumner Lake - gorgeous! Beyond that you can definitely find stucco homes on a case by case basis. We were discouraged from using stucco by our builder - said there were a lot of problems.
Lauren Smerb…, Agent, Springfield, VA
Tue Aug 7, 2007
There are stucco homes in Manassas, but you have to look for them. Most homes in this area have vinyl siding, aluminum siding, wood siding or brick/stone veneer. However, several builders did build homes with stucco back in the 90's
Susan Jacobs, Agent, Gainesville, VA
Tue Jul 10, 2007
There are stucco homes out there. Off the top of my head i know of one sundivison off Lucusville Rd that was mostly stucco siding. But It does depends what you are looking for in a home and what price range. It may require a lot of time looking at properties on the computer and doing drive bys. I would be more than glad to assist you in finding a stucco home.