Can I find a condo for a cheap price?

Asked by anna_frolova2003, San Francisco, CA Mon Jul 22, 2013

Answers

8
Peter Century…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
I think you may find that condos are not that cheap in the city, but if you are looking for something in the
300k to 500k range, there are condo like properties called tenancies in common in the city.

These "tic's" have low monthly hoa's as well...

I recommend you get with a realtor who will spend the time to educate and help you.

I have been very successful in finding affordable condos and tic's for my clients.

Also, I have affordable properties right now that are not listed in the MLS (pocket listings)
Bellings Bro…, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Anna,

What a great question! As everyone else said, it of course depends on your definition of "cheap." If you're asking if there are "affordable" condos in San Francisco, I would say the answer is yes. Of course price/sqft, and affordability is going to range and change from neighborhood to neighborhood, but there are always new places coming on the market everyday.

The best thing I can recommend is by finding a reliable Realtor, someone you trust and feel comfortable working with. If you know someone in the industry then I would start working with them, and in the event that you don't I am always happy to assist you in any way I can. If you have any questions regarding real estate please don’t hesitate to reach out. I’m always happy to be a trusted resource for all things real estate in San Francisco and the Bay Area.

All the best and good luck with your search!

Aaron Bellings
Realtor, Vanguard Properties
Aaron@vanguardsf.com
BRE #01915431
415-601-3000
Lance King, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
I can't imagine anything in San Francisco currently for sale that would be described as cheap. If you give us an idea of price point we'll be much better able to help.
Raymond Autry, , San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Hi, Anna...
Take a look at my website, http://www.raymondautryhomesellingteam.com and see if you like anything there. When you are ready, I can help with your search. (888) 565-4460, Raymond@raymondautry.com.
M. Ava Chang, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
I would like to help you with this but first would like to understand what you mean by a cheap price. Please describe a place you would like to buy such as #bedroom, sq ft, neighborhood and amenities and then what is the price range you are comfortable with.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to talk to in person to review your desires in a condo purchase. Thank you.

Minh Ava Chang
Cheryl Fried…, Agent, Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Dear Anna,

Your question is hard to answer. Are you asking if you can find a condo at a certain price? Or, are you asking if there are condos that you can get below market value? Some more detail might be helpful if you want to get more accurate answers.

Just remember price is set by the location and condition, so if there is a condo priced low for the area there is usually a reason.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Friedman
Ildiko Pali, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Hello Anna,

Of course you can! It depends what area are you looking at and what your price range is. Are you pre-approved? This would be the 1st step to take. Once you know the price range you can narrow down on the areas.
Web Reference:  http://sfforeclosure.com
Isaac Wigley, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Mon Jul 22, 2013
That is both a very good, and yet slightly vague question. The word cheap is relative. To some people purchasing homes in San Francisco cheap means under $200,000 and my answer would be No. To others cheap would mean under $1 million, and I would say of course Yes. As a general rule the average price of condos is around $800,000 currently, but you can find options for as low as the $300,000s depending on area and size.