Can I file a lis pendens without an attorney in CA?

Asked by Snowflower, 91362 Thu Jan 13, 2011

I have a court case and number but cannot find a form.
Can you help?

The case is a contested estate. My brother has the title (don't ask) and I want to make sure that my parents house isn't sold until the end of the case.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ebonimall, Home Owner, Orlando, FL
Fri Aug 21, 2015
A lis pendens is permitted in some types of lawsuits and actually required in other types of actions. It is required in lawsuits for Partition, Eminent Domain, Quiet Title, Claims to Escheted Property, Forefeiture Proceedings, and Actions to Declare a Building Uninhabitable.
0 votes
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Thu Jan 13, 2011
As I understand you would be "Pro Per" or representing yourself.

FYI on a Lis Pendens, be very careful, if you do it wrong the damages are serious business. You will be wading into legal water that could put you a big risk acting "Pro Per". Not sure how much you think you might be saving in legal fees, it may not be worth it.

If you need to get an idea of the cost, I work with a local Real Estate attorney you can call. Just send me an email through my Trulia profile and I will forward his contact information.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Thu Jan 13, 2011

Here's a sample:

Here's another one:…

Call One Stop Legal Docs in Simi Valley @ 805.297.4512
0 votes
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Legal Zoom has the forms.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more