haha defrauding the bank. Modification all big fat jokes.
Actual events as they occurred:
1. Lost my 50,000 17 yr job
2. 11 months later still unable to find a job (applied for 345, interviewed for 32)overqualified,under qualified, would not consider me for job making less as they figured I would leave after economy got better, who knows but that will take a long time. I professional interviewing, successful testing all went well, many times it was between me and another (so they said) always got the less expensive one, not that I was against working for less, but like I said, afraid I would leave and waste training $$'s.
3. 10 months later I called my mortgage co. just to tell them my October payment would be in on Nov 03,2009
as I had to wait for my husbands paycheck to add a 100. to what I had.
4. Nice mortgage company rep. said during the phone call mention in #3, "a new modification program is being offered to people having trouble making there payment due to loss of income as long as one person on the loan is still working.
5. She asked me my household income/debts.
6. She said we qualify to skip 2 payment (Oct and Nov) and lower our payments by 250.00 a month.
7. I accepted and since I had the cash on hand to cover Decembers new payment amount I paid the December payment right there on the phone November 03,2010.
8. Woo Hoo I even had a few dollars to get some groceries.
9, Received the paper work from the bank explaining the deal as the rep. described and filled the order of documents. I was advised to fax these documents that would verify the income /debt as noted in the conversation mentioned above.
10. Called the mortgage company verfified items faxed were received 3 days after sending
bank statements 60 days, paystubs for my husband 30 days, unemployment income verification for myself, hardship affidavit, income tax for 2 years. 23 page fax. Yes they were rec'd and modification would be signed, sealed in 30 days, per the rep who verified documents were recd.
11. I called mortgage company 40 days after sending in documents to be sure all was completed as discussed. Mortgage company said, no they are overwhelmed with modification request and could take up to 90 days to complete, Ok no signs anything was going anything but good except taking a bit longer.
12. Continued to make the modified payment amount and called at the 90 days to be sure all has been completed, although I had no reason to think otherwise. Rep advised they are still behind and the notes in the file says No documents recd from customer. Oh the fun begins, WHAT do you mean, I verified they were recd months ago, Oh yes they were but since it has taken this long to review your request we need updated documents.
13. I gathered updated paystubs, and bank statements, faxed and verified recd nothing else was any different as income tax yr had not chgd, and affidavit was singed previously. (faxed the entire file including updated documents as requested. We are now in March, rep advised keep making the modified payment amount until the modification is completed. OK
14. Got a call in May from Mortgage company who advised our modification was denied due to lack of documentation recd as requested. WHAT?
15. This rep mentioned in 14 above, said you have a few choices if you want to stay in your home, ha?
He said we are now 2 payments behine (the 2 they allowed us to skip in the beginning of the modification)
2700.00, the 6 months of 250.00 (difference in modification amount ) 1500.00 plus late fees for the 2 skipped months and each 6 month the 250 the payment was short by 250.00. 70x8-560.00, legal fees, filing fees, total of 6855.00 due not to stay in the home. WHAT?
16. My options offered in this phone call while I am still in tears and shock. Deed in lieu of foreclosure, 2 short sale, or pay them down payment of 3500. now, and each month pay 1800. (500.00 increase from the already hard to reach original payment amount.) Even though I knew no way in hell I can pay 1800 a month and I didnt have 3500.00 down payment I allowed him to go thru with me on the phone my debt/income he said oh well even if you do have the 3500.00 you dont qualify to pay 1800.00 a month, so your only options are deed in lieu, or short sale to avoid foreclosure. I told him I would have to speak to my husband and get back to him. Said all this while in shock, ready to be sick.
17. I talked to my husband that night and guess what? He blamed me for misunderstanding, not faxing in the documents, of course it had to be my mistakes, first night in 28 yrs I slept at my moms house.
18. same process over again until september when they advised sorry in foreclosure cant take your payment
19. house is up for short sale to avoid foreclosure. Now who committed fraud. They sold my mortgage 3 times since. They say ok to sell house for 107,000 although I owe 154,000 but can work with me to keep it.