Can I buy a house using my ITIN number?

Asked by reinaldosantosdoamaral, Billerica, MA Sat Sep 1, 2012

Answers

4
Joshua Gillis, Agent, Dracut, MA
Sat Sep 1, 2012
This mortgage can be extrememly difficult to obtain. There are a lot of factors besides having an ITIN number to qualify. I have experience with this type of loan as one of my clients bought a home and was in a similar situation. I would need more info in order to help you. I am a Realtor in Billerica and would be happy to help you go in the right direction in order to find out if you do qualify.

Joshua Gillis
Broker/Realotr
ERA Key Realty Services
http://www.gillisandcompany.com
978-771-4194
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Thu Sep 6, 2012
For those who don't know, "IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA). ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have a U.S. filing or reporting requirement under the Internal Revenue Code."

I have sold many homes to people from other countries. Talk to a lawyer, and also to a mortgage professional at a local bank. They will be able to explain the necessary docs you'll need.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Thu Sep 6, 2012
An ITIN, or individual tax identification number, is proof that an inividual pay taxes to the Internal Revenue Services. With ITIN you may qualify for a mortgage, but this opportunity does not necesarily translate into an easy process. As a result the approval for a mortgage may take longer, but it definitely possible.

Good Luck,

Maria Cipollone

www FlaHomeSpecialist.com
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Sat Sep 1, 2012
Unfortunately no. Social security number is needed as well as citizenship or legal resident.
you dumie
get some information first before you "answer" this kind of questions
of course he can buy a house with his ITIN
i seen people buying their house with the ITIN number
Flag Wed Feb 10, 2016