Sean Gibson, Home Buyer in Seattle, WA

Can I Buy House With Credit Score 600?

Asked by Sean Gibson, Seattle, WA Thu Dec 6, 2012

Maybe.... If you use the right lender, Talk to a broker first that actually has lenders that can first get a 580 score approved and closed. I would recommend the lenders network, if any company can get you a loan they can. I have had clients with under a 580 score get approved and we closed within 30 days... Brilliant real estate minds with a ton of lending contacts.

As you can tell by now, it's not an easy answer. Your score is only one factor in getting approved for a mortgage. Your income, assets, job time, down payment and which program you apply to can make all the difference. As a formerly licensed lender I have worked with people with much lower scores and other issues to prepare them to qualify for the best available program.
Depending on the reason your score isn't higher; it could be addressed fairly quickly. My suggestion is to seek out a lender willing to work with you and potentially direct you in the best way to achieve your goal. The one factor to consider is that in most cases, the higher you can get your middle score, not only with your chances of approval go up but the rate you will pay will go down, saving you money and affording more house for the payment.
If you need a referral to such a lender, let me know.
Can I get a home for 620 credit score
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 14, 2015
Can I buy first house w credit score of 600
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 11, 2015
Yes, it is possible but there are other factors that go into it as well (down payment etc).

You came to the right place!

To find the right home at the right price, you have to know the market. As the expert in local neighborhoods, I can provide information tailored for your specific home search.
Here’s a good example: I have the resources to evaluate homes in the neighborhoods where you have an interest. This information will educate you on what prices are being paid for homes similar to the ones you are considering.

I know how important it is to have all the information you need to make the right decision. So please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have questions about this service or any other part of your home search. Working together, we make sure that you make the right move.

There are many steps in the home buying process. It’s easy to miss something that can add significantly to the cost of your home.
I’m an expert and can help you simplify this process and get the most home for your money. Here’s how:
I can give you a complete picture of the costs so you know how much home you can afford.
I can help you rule out neighborhoods that don’t fit your needs and find new neighborhoods that do.
I can make sure you have the latest alerts on homes that meet your criteria so other buyers don’t beat you to the punch.
I can keep you informed about what’s happening in the local market.
I can give you in-depth details on each home.
I can quickly schedule tours and give you specific information on the advantages and drawbacks of each property
I can also help you craft offers, present offers to sellers, and much more. Contact me at (benis.dawkins@gmail.com) or (206-883-4222) and I can help make the entire process simpler and more cost effective for you. I can help make sure you make the right move.

Give me a call so I can show you around town.

Here's to our success!

Benis Dawkins
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Seattle Wa
Real Estate Broker
Certified Distress Property Expert
Certified Buyers Agent
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 18, 2013
Yes, you just need a 580 score for FHA... Your local bank will most likely say no, but sites like The Lenders Network have lenders that can go down to a 580 score. Check them out.
The answer sounds a lot like a date breaking up with you, " it's complicated." To find out if you qualify you need to sit down with a qualified mortgage professional. I would recommend Rick Robertson, one of the best in the business.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 28, 2012
With you being at a 600 there may be a few things you can do to jump up into the 640 range by paying down certain accounts. The company I used was The Lenders Network, got my score up enough to get a lender to do the loan with 3.5% down in a month. They're the experts so I'd start there http://www.thelendersnetwork.com
Yes, most likely you CAN buy a house with a credit score of 600. FHA credit threshold is 540, however, you may have other issues that are not known. You need to meet with a banker or mortgage broker. There are several responses with referrals and offers of assistance. Don't delay, get in touch with a lender right away and they will help you get qualified. Good luck.

As a real estate broker & a loan officer, I can tell you that your credit score is not an issue for an FHA loan. However, there may be some other issues & until I can see your credit report, I cannot tell you if you can get a loan or not. Feel free to contact me directly & I can start the process for you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck to you in any case,
Jirius Isaac
Isaac Real Estate Team
Champions Real Estate Services
TriStar Finance #MLO-107799
Office: 425-483-6849 Cell: 206-841-9976
Winner of Seattle Magazines 5 Star
Real Estate Agent Best in Client Satisfaction Award
Mortgage Loan Originator Best in Client Satisfaction
Web Reference: http://tristarfinance.com
Yes, the 1st thing you want to do is contact a local lender that can help with the approval process. There are several programs available for 1st time buyers, investors etc. that may fit exactly what you are looking for. If I can help in the process let me know.
Forey Duckett
Coldwell Banker Danforth
Coldwell Banker Mortgage Company will qualify you for a mortgage with a credit score of 600.
Yes, you certainly can! See this link below from the HUD website for qualifications or paste this in your browser.

One of the best products out there is with GMAC where they pay a large portion of your closing costs. If you'd like more information on that feel free to email me at Rebecca.Mitsui@gmail.com and I can send you the full details.
Yes, it is possible but there are other factors that go into it as well (down payment etc). Feel free to contact me and I can also get you in touch with a mortgage broker. I hope this helps!

Max Feinstein
Broker - The Cascade Team