CAN SELLER ASK THERE AGENT TO ASK FOR MORE MONEY AFTER THEY SIGN THE OFFER I AM BUYER?

Asked by Bruceandmonica, Home, WA Fri Mar 21, 2008

NOW EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE IT IS ON HOLD ALMOST THINK SOMEONE ELSE PUT A BETTER OFFER . ERNST MONEY HAS BEEN CASHED, CLOSING WAS SET

Answers

4
Terry Burke-…, Agent, Hilton Head Island, SC
Sat Mar 22, 2008
No, if it is a signed properly executed contract.
Annette Burg…, , Rockville, MD
Fri Mar 21, 2008
If earnest money has been cashed and and closing is set
it might be best to have your agent contact the broker to discuss matters further.
Patsy Cave, , McKinney, TX
Fri Mar 21, 2008
Bruce,
Has your Realtor asked if there are more offers? And also if the Sellers are having 2nd thoughts about selling? I also agree with Tom about "Specific performance".
Tom Cox, Agent, Louisville, KY
Fri Mar 21, 2008
In simple terms, until a seller signs the deed and the deed is delivered to the buyer, there has not been a sale, however, once the offer is signed by both parties making the offer into a contract, each party is bound to "specific performance". As it relates to your situation, only if you agree to pay more money. Either party can ask, but it would be odd for the seller to win in this case.