CAN I DELETE LISTINGS FROM REALTYTRAC FROM MY SEARCH. THEIR LISTINGS ARE JUST JUNK AND YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM TO EVEN LOOK AT THE INFORMATION...

Asked by Scott L Johnson, Fresno, CA Sun May 12, 2013

Answers

3
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Sun May 12, 2013
Hi Scott,

"CAN I DELETE LISTINGS FROM REALTYTRAC FROM MY SEARCH."

Sure can. 1) get to the basic search page by going to http://www.trulia.com ; 2) click on the "More search options" link in the bottom right hand corner of the green search box; 3) under the "Listing type" uncheck "Foreclosures".

"THEIR LISTINGS ARE JUST JUNK AND YOU HAVE TO PAY THEM TO EVEN LOOK AT THE INFORMATION..."

RealtyTrac is trying to entice you to pay for their monthly service for information your Realtor® can provide to you for FREE! Furthermore, the truth of the matter is that RealtyTrac foreclosure listing may take months to actually go "on market" and be offered for sale.

Besides hiring a Buyer’s Agent, here's how you avoid this problem in the future:

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://tinyurl.com/ctr4d44

-Steve
Stephen Hens…, , Fresno, CA
Sun May 12, 2013
Just contact a real estate you will be loyal to and he will do the work for you and you don't have to pay anything for his or her work if they can't find you a home. Don't just waste there time looking for you if you don't plan on letting them write up the offer so the agent can get paid by the seller for finding you the house you want.
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Sun May 12, 2013
Hi Scott,
No, unfortunately you cannot filter which company listings you wish to have on your search. I agree that RealtyTrac is not the most accurate as it does contain properties that are in pre-foreclosure and may never be available for sale.
I suggest working with an experienced local real estate agent as they have all the home listings available including short sales and foreclosures and can hone in on those properties that most closely match your needs and desires.

Best wishes!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty